Playing With My New Lens

Billhyco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got in a Sony 50mm f/1.8 lens in yesterday, thought I would give it a shot last night with our wedding bands. I didn't have a ton of light in the room but overall I had fun with it. I didn't do much pp other then a little exposure adjustment, unsharpen mask, and I think that was about it. Anyhow, just wanted to share.

8421_166024861059_767836059_3618325.jpg

8421_166024816059_767836059_3618323.jpg

That's a great lens. But try sticking it to 2.8 somewhere.

i thought that is what he meant, just wanted to be sure.

actually i wasn't trying to get the entire subject in focus, i could see on my screen they were out but I was just seeing how shallow it could get. This was actually the first day I got the lens, so still in "new toy" mentallity :).

Thanks!!!

I like what you did with the depth of field here. Works for me pretty good. I have a canon 85mm f1.8 and find I shoot somewhere between 2.0 and 3.5.

Nice job! Keep up the good work!

thanks brian!

this past saturday i went a shot a 3wk old with this lens and for the most part loved it. it wasn't the most perfect place or time to shoot but we made do I hope. I backed off the aperature a little with her and had good results. tough shoot though, she was NOT happy at all that i was there and we were in the smallest, darkest room. soooo hard to keep a kicking baby in focus.... i struggled needless to say.

Most reactions

Back