Playing with the 10-24mm

Slaphead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got hold the 10-24mm. Interesting lens, especially at the wide end. Problem is I haven't yet found a way to deal with the distortions that happen when the camera is even slightly off the horizontal. I suppose I can live with it though.

DSC_0058.jpg

If you have Photoshop you can use the lens correction filter; Filter -> Distort -> Lens Correction...

There should be some info online about what the correct settings should be for that specific lens (and focal length you used).

Good luck.

Thanks. I'd already looked at that, and I do use it, but the problem here is perspective correction, and not really lens distortion. The filter you mentioned is really for correcting barrel and pincusion distortions.

I think the only real way round this would be with a wide angle tilt shift lens, with the emphasis on the shift part. Not a cheap solution.

But hey, I'm having fun with this lens as it stands, so I'm not overly concerned ;)

One thing I've noticed with wide lenses (17mm in my case) is keeping geometrically correct objects outside of the edges of the frame where distortion is at it's worst.

Now organic objects like trees, hills, plants etc they come out looking fine when distorted (for the most part).

I love this as it is, although I think some post dodging and burning could really make this a truely dramatic photo. Lovely piece!

Most reactions

Back