Playing with this, how could it be improved...

Crimsonandwhite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Chalkboardcopy.jpg

Let's take this from pretty cool to freaking awesome, ideas?....

Could you post the original pictures?

To be honest, you could plug any picture you wanted into the template, but I really wanted to see if anyone had some ideas on how to make the layout look better or just step it up a notch. With that said, here is where I posted the shots from the senior portrait session...

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136512

Thanks for your help!

Make the photos bigger, and the rest of the stuff less prominent. Actually, for my taste skip the rest of the stuff, and just go with the photos individually. They look pretty nice. Why go mucking them up with a bunch of cheap hoo haa?

I agree, make the photo's bigger. Don't settle for a black back drop. Try dividing the picture with a simple, thick white line. Add the text so the top hugs the north part of the photo.

I don't think i am explaining this very well. If you post the originals, maybe I can run an edit on them. :D

A simple suggestion: don't use a black background or a pure white border.... for the background pick a common color from the three photos and use a mid-tone version that; for the border and type do the same but with a much lighter tone (NOT PURE WHITE).

Good luck.

Try adding a small drop shadow to each one of the 'polaroids' to give them a bit of 3d depth as they stack on one another.

I like the shots and the composition. But, I think it looks kind of flat and computer generated. What I mean is, it looks too clean and neat. Maybe toss in a new background or some texture and mess things up a little bit. Make it a little more organic. Also, add some drop shadows to give the photos some depth.

Here are a couple of examples I threw together to give you an idea of what I mean:

2869619836_77c822f194_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back