Please Assess Value, Old Zoom Lens:

JimmyJimJim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks,

Found this going through some old equipment belonging to a third party, I think it dates back to the 80's. I noticed some similar lenses on Amazon and figured I better seek out some pro's advice on what you all feel it is worth. I do want to unload it.

It comes in a protective snap-canister that reads "SIGMA 80~200mmF/3.5~4"

This is on the protective snap-cylinder, I can't confirm that this is accurate to the lens, so I've included pictures of the lens. Although I am quite certain the canister was designed and came with this lens, knowing the source of the lens (a family member).

I also have a "Tamron F-System 2x Tele-Converter" which seems to have come with the lens, a separate box.

I do want to sell both, please let me know what is realistic. The actual physical lens is in good, but not great condition...I can see minor flaws when I remove the cover from the lens, but they do not look severe, nor scratched...in my amateur opinion, the flaws can be cleaned off with the proper cleaning materials (which I will not be attempting). I will take the best pic I can of the lens to see the flaws if anyone asks, just give me a couple days to upload it.

I will also take a pic of the Tamron item if asked. Also still in original box.

Thanks for your time everyone. :)

Attachments

• Lens1.jpg
    Lens1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Lens2.jpg
    Lens2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Lens3.jpg
    Lens3.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Lens4.jpg
    Lens4.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Lens5.jpg
    Lens5.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 174
Honestly, I'd say $25 for both items.

What lens mount do they have? Do they have the same lens mount?
If you can point me how to find the answer, I will figure it out for you. I don't know much about photography.

These days, if I want to find out what something is worth, I first look at ebay. Here's what I found for the lens...
sigma 80-200 | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you can point me how to find the answer, I will figure it out for you. I don't know much about photography.

Sometimes, lens mounts have letters on them to designate what cameras they go on. N, C, P/K, M, etc.

Post a photo of the back end of the lens that mounts to a camera. We'll tell you what it is.

These days, if I want to find out what something is worth, I first look at ebay. Here's what I found for the lens...
sigma 80-200 | eBay
Thanks for the effort, I can see a rough idea now...thanks everyone for your time, I can now see it's not worth all that much, so I'll have to figure out whether it's worth listing anywhere. Thanks again.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sometimes, lens mounts have letters on them to designate what cameras they go on. N, C, P/K, M, etc.

Post a photo of the back end of the lens that mounts to a camera. We'll tell you what it is.

Last photo says "for Canon".

But to the OP, not much. $20, 30 at the most and even then it probably won't get sold unless you practically give it away. There's still demand for good legacy primes but not these old zooms.

Most reactions

Back