Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are strait off the camera. Let me know what you think. Thanks Cliff
3516709267_3c0ee76e94_b.jpg

3517520370_9e04c2637f_b.jpg

3516706731_9b94771381_b.jpg

3516712993_97d4b7cbb5_b.jpg

3516715091_c715a61081_b.jpg

Are all of these too blue on purpose? What's your reasoning?

I like the perspective of #1. I also like the intensity of the sky, but I want his skin to pop a bit more against it.

#2 I find interesting because of the secondary radially horizontal lines that are just perceptable.

I really like #3. The blue works for me. The image makes me feel cold, empty, abandoned, and slighty dissoriented. Like I was left for dead. :thumbup:

#4 and #5, too dark, and too blue. If it were me, on the pink rose, I would crop out the in-focus leaf that is distracting me on the left side.

Ok so I need to drop out some of the saturation of blue? or intensity?

Ihvent adjusted the cameras color yet. But here is the rose. What do you think?
3516872885_c28e7952bb_b.jpg

Ok so I need to drop out some of the saturation of blue? or intensity?
I am kinda new to this myself, so I can't tell you it's this or that. Just play with the settings till you see what you like.

I gather you weren't really trying to set a mood or tone with the blue in the roses? Remember though, just because *I* don't like it, doesn't mean others won't love it.

Heres what I got after applying "Auto Levels" in Photoshop.

Edit.jpg

What camera are you using? Did you play with the setting before taking the pics?
Here's where my tech knowledge fails. I don't know if the blue is from exposure settings, white balance settings, or what.

Last edited:
Most likely, the images are blue because the white balance is set wrong. For most of those pictures, it should probably be set on sunlight, or maybe shade for the flowers (since I can't see how strong the sun is). It looks as if he has his WB set on Tungsten or Florescent. It's also possible that it's set on a custom mode that's putting too much blue in for the scene. Check your camera settings. If you have photoshop or some other editing software, look for levels or white balance or some setting like that. It looks like autolevels in photoshop did a pretty good job fixing it though.

I also find the pictures are under-exposed and/or too blue.

1- Interesting composition.
2- Nice artistic work, good use of depth of field
3- Probably my fave of the set, the blue should be brought down some but not eliminated. Simple setting, but effective shot
4-5 - I prefer 4 over 5, but not a fan of the centered picture / composition

yeah i think your WB is set wrong...all the images are too 'cool'...you can warm them up in PP or play around with your WB.
i do like the angle of #1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back