Photos taken over two years. Nikon D50 with 50mm f/1.8

n7004327_35026965_2362.jpg

3316_708837222431_7004327_41056734_539017_n.jpg

n7004327_34749560_7911.jpg

n7004327_35026964_2106.jpg

n7004327_35026962_1619.jpg

n7004327_35571757_2717.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give.

*ahem* Pick one, or three at most, and ask a more specific question than "please C&C!!!!" That will garner more honest, well-thought-out critique.

2. Appears to be over-exposed. Would have been better darker ...
5. Background does not add intrest to the mushroom.
6. Needs more symmetry. Would have been better to shoot straight on (not on an angle) and with greater DoF.

1. Good concept, yet not executed well. The angle doesn't work the lighting is bad etc...
3. Shows emotion well but this image needs to be cropped and fixed up a little in gimp/photoshop/ lightroom what ever you use.
4. distracting and simple. Not technically great and boring :\
5. I would go back and take so more shots at a new angle maybe into the sun. It's just an ok picture.
6. New angle and more DoF would help a lot.

Overall try to work on composition. You're getting there though ;)

I find #1 interesting for some reason. I think what doesn't work is that the crowd is blue (cool color) & the inside is orange'ish (warm color), but not a big enough contrast. Am I right in saying the blue is too saturated & the orange is not saturated enough? The colors just don't compliment each other. I am curious though to know what they are all looking at. :sillysmi:

Wouldn't want to get in the way of guy #3! Good emotion - just crop slightly & remove the little guy from his armpit.

I like #6 - I'm not a macro photog, so I can't say much about it other then that.

Keep shooting!

like #2 the best :thumbup:

Normally if it is about CC you should plan on submitting one image. If 6 images, them submit in 6 different threads, like maybe one a day. This of course is my opinion, unless of course your comparing 2 similar images to one another...Now in saying that I will offer my opinions...

1) I really don't know what to make of it. It is too small to give accurate CC. Right off the bat, I would say it is about a 1/2 stop underexposed. As a result, it looks very soft and there is no punch to it. The composition is good however....

2) If you increase the contrast, you will have an image that pops. The cut off tire bothers me, but that is nit picking. Overall I like the image..

3)The third one does not work at all. The chpped hand kills the image. If you cropped out the guy on the left and cropped to about the fellows right forearm, you might have something, but then the guy in back ground is a distraction...

4) is ok, but lacks pop. Try a 40% smart sharpen and increase the contrast a tad.

5) The mushroom is boring. Far to much back ground. If you cut away 1/2 the back ground you will have a good image..

6)This is a great shot, the best of the bunch. No CC to offer..
Keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back