Please C&C

Ascentionist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my favorite personal photo. I know you can't help but love your own children, so give me frank critique on this one. I think its fabulous, but would love to know how I could improve upon it.

Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9587943@N02/3891489982/

Sorry, I can't seem to get it to embed from the site I have it posted. Any advice on posting from Picasa OR flickr?

Last edited:
HTML code doesn't work here, you have to use the IMG tags.

Your link def. needs some work man.

The pic looks pretty good though, nice background and depth of field.

I copy & pasted the address...

Pretty cool. It almost looks like it has some radial blur on the background, but it doesn't really look like PP. Is it? Good work if it is.

I like it.

Thanks for the help...still can't seem to figure out the link, but I will.

I did this with a 70mm zoom and a tripod and used the timer to reduce shake (also had the anti-shake on).

A little PP: darkened slightly and upped the saturation just a tad.

I loved the color on this guy and with the dark green background and a sunbeam cutting through it it just jumped out and cried: "Capture meeeeeeee!"

Thanks for the help...still can't seem to figure out the link, but I will.

Copy the image address (right click on it). Type
and paste the address in the middle, or use the insert picture button on the reply box.

This is the button:
insertimage.gif

It just doesn't seem to work with Picasa and Flickr...not sure why
WyomingTripJuly2009
WyomingTripJuly2009
DSC00713%20crop%20color.JPG

To imbed an image from Flickr. Go to the picture you want to use from Flickr and click on "All Sizes" (above your picture). Select the size you want to display and then look below the picture for the #2 box that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Highlight to select it and then right click the selection and hit Cut (or Copy). Now go back to the TPF (The Photo Forum) post you want to imbed the image in. Click on the orange and grey icon above the message box (the one that looks like a tree with a camera in the front of it). In the box that pops up, paste the URL in box (make sure you only have 1 "http://" in the URL line before you hit the Ok button). Hit the Ok button. Click on the "Preview Post" button to see if your picture is imbedded in the post.

I find the image a bit soft & think it would look better if the flower was lower to the right so as to be looking into the frame as opposed to looking out as it is now.

Samanax: thanks for the advice. I'll try that next time for sure.

Ron: I cropped it the way you said and I agree. And by soft are you referring to the focus or something else?

I have cheap lens issues which I will rectify as soon as I can knock over an unsuspecting 7-11 or save the money, whichever comes first...

Thanks again for the input. I am pretty much trying to figure this all out on my own with only the benefit of a quarter of classes at OIP&T from ten years ago. I'm a bit rusty for sure...

Ok, I've got another photo (taken tonight) of the Denver skyline. I'm going to try to post it, and please let me know what you think. I've never had much success at night photography and I think its finally starting to come together for me.

3895639658_1bff7b914b_b.jpg

It's a nice image. Could be sharper.

What were the shot specs?

To imbed an image from Flickr. Go to the picture you want to use from Flickr and click on "All Sizes" (above your picture). Select the size you want to display and then look below the picture for the #2 box that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Highlight to select it and then right click the selection and hit Cut (or Copy). Now go back to the TPF (The Photo Forum) post you want to imbed the image in. Click on the orange and grey icon above the message box (the one that looks like a tree with a camera in the front of it). In the box that pops up, paste the URL in box (make sure you only have 1 "http://" in the URL line before you hit the Ok button). Hit the Ok button. Click on the "Preview Post" button to see if your picture is imbedded in the post.

That, or on the main photo page right click in the PICTURE and select "Copy Image Address" or whatever.

As for the actual picture, I like the composition, but it does look a little too soft to me.

The first one was very nice. No complaints.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back