Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Daylight
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

..the Picnik vignette is obscuring a fair amount of the sunlight actually in-shot i'm guessing. maybe the 1/20 exposure was ok. the intense contrast adjustments have blown the detail/highlights on the carnation. the inner folds of the rose look like the image is starting to solarise. i like that - harmonizes with the intense red. ;-)

creisinger said:
Couldn't you collect the honey by putting a plate underneath?
Well I did, but it wouldnt all go back in the jar. In the end, there was a lot stuck to the plate... the jar was significantly emptier than when I started. Oh well.

creisinger said:
Keep trying - you'll get there.
That's my theory... and if not, maybe I'll get lucky a couple of times a year. :)

matfoster: how did dominantly get those stats? I'd love to be able to find them for all my pictures.

And what is solarise? I haven't heard that term before, but it sounds nice. :)

i have no idea. ask him. by solarisation i mean the color is beginning to reverse-out.. not completely inverting in this case to green , but the red/shadow is changing into a blueish hue.

I use Firefox as my browser, and I downloaded a plug in that allows me to right click and see that data.

Oh. I'm not sure I'll be able to do that, then. I use Safari as my Browser. Do you know of such a plug that will work with that?

I also like the effects you accomplished. It reminds me of an old western movie. I feel if you backed away from the flower a few more inches to catch the entire flower and the white flower behind it would be a little more in focus, the results may be desirable. Of course, if you like it...nothing needs changing.

I don't know...
Overall I prefer Firefox over Safari, but it's up to you. Maybe try a Google search or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back