please CC on these cats

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Chauncey, the original except I toned down the red color on the barn wall behind him and toned up the rest of the colors:
DSC07117-1.jpg

Chauncey, the black and white with local contrast:
DSC07117B.jpg

Mama Kitty, the original with exposure adjusted:
DSC07090-2.jpg

Mama Kitty, the crop:
DSC07090B.jpg

Please critique! :)

I checked out your blog you had in your signature on your post, and you have some REALLY nice work on there. Almost makes me wonder why you even thought to post these photos cause they don't even seem to have come from the same person. Keep up that work! With that said.

I would personally focus a bit more on composition. For the 1st one, I'd place the subject on the left third of the frame and zoom out a little to give a sense of where it was taken. Kind of tell a story with it, like is this a barn cat staying warm or stalking a mouse. The edits pretty nice but I'd lose the on camera flash.

Don't really care for the 2nd one myself. maybe if you were able to move around and get the cat facing the camera and show it's whole face. That's probably what doesn't do it for me is the branch covering it's face.

haha thanks. :) With me, pictures seem to be either a semi-hit or a complete miss. But I'm working on it.

I love your photos, on that dirtstreet.com that you have in your signature. They are so inspiring! I hope to be able to take pictures like that someday.

Well with what I saw on your site, you definitely have a good eye. I'm the same way myself. Either hit or miss, I just try to take tons and tons to get better each time. And I also spend a lot of time in post. I'm always out doing photo walks and hikes all over Michigan, if you ever want to join me, just let me know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back