Please Comment on these photos

Tha Bizness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't view them. It tells me that I don't have permission to view that page. Sorry!

You have to mark them Public, they're marked Private - we can't view them.

... and if you really want a lot of comments, post them as images, not links - and put them in the Gallery, not the Beginner section.

The second picture seems underexposed. I like the first picture showing both of the buildings, but on the other two I think I would have liked a tighter crop to show a little more detail in the structures.

This same thing happened to me. Flickr does not allow hotlinking to a forum. So, I just created an account with photobucket.

Photobucket is much easier.

Do you live near there?
Might be worth heading back when the lighting is a little less dull.
If you are going to have the sky make up a 1/3 of the shot then orange or blue is much more attractive than hazy washed out grey.

Nice shots, I used to live in STL. I don't see anything wrong with these pictures for purely documentary purposes. From an artistic point of view, I want to ask you what it is that you're aiming for. Are you interested in the architectural details, the landscape, the way they interact, etc? Right now the three images are not very dynamically composed, they're pretty much deadpan shots with the main object square in the center of the frame. All three photo are also medium-distance. I would experiment with compositional elements (asymmetry, various distances, zoom in, zoom out) to make the subject more engaging.

Thanks for the comments. I was trying to get the "full scene." The way the buildings come out of the water, the tree line, and sky. I will retake this when its either better lighting outside (it was overcast) or when the clouds look attractive but wanted to get a idea of what that shot might look like. It was a cloudy morning and the wife wanted to go for a walk across the bridge where the shots are taken.

I have a personal website I use for my family. Which costs about 60 bucks a year and goes well over the standard for website hosting. (like 4 bucks a month) Comes with I believe three image gallery's you can install .. auto install, if you have your own the tech support will install for you as well. Siteground.com I will be making my website live in a few weeks :( Flash sucks :drool: But I would recommend just hosting them your self.

and the pictures look great, I Like the first one. You are shooting from a roof top right?

Most reactions

Back