Please critique....I appreciate any help I can get!

Michael Humle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These images are a series from one of my eBay listing...any comments would be appreciated and any editing is welcome...BTW, the images in my listing are all the same size, I'm new to posting images...Thanks

hfolder1.jpg

hfolder2.jpg

hfolder3.jpg

folder4.jpg

folder5.jpg

I'd like to be able to read the writing on the blade. If you can make that happen, it would help the sale I guess.

The quality of the light is excellent. I would post some higher resolution samples for the ebay listing, as well as some that are less compressed. These are showing artifacts. Use save for web in photoshop.

Buy photoshop elements then. It's probably about $99. The gimp is a free program that can do much of what photoshop can do. I don't know if it has a save for web type option, but you could check it out.

http://www.gimp.org/

errm, but this is already ebay processed! Ebay itself sets some rather strong compression giving you artifacts .. .whatever way you prepared the images, ebay mucks it all up after you submit them (my experience) .. you can hardly avoid any artifacts with ebay.

Alex_B said:
ebay mucks it all up after you submit them (my experience) .. you can hardly avoid any artifacts with ebay.

I agree with you on this point but I think that the better the image the less eBay is going to screw it up...and thank you DMatt for the suggestions, I'll check it out!

Digital Matt said:
Can't you host your own images somewhere and link to them in your ebay listing?

uhm good point... should check that as i have plenty of webspace anyway ... never thought of that as I always just hit the upload button on ebay ;)

YOu can host your images elsewhere and not pay ebay for the extra images.. You just have to include the link in the html you submit in the discription it is a little difficult but I do it now and then so it isnt really hard. If you do it right them images shows as it does here not just the link.

By the way the pictures are very well lit.

Most reactions

Back