Please critique my photo

<deleted my post>

Nah, screw it. I just re-read this and saw he called me incompetent earlier. (and misspelled it)

Last edited:
It's ok I already read your post, don't know why you went and deleted it.

yea, i remember my parents bought me one of that when i was like 7 and i was wasting the film and stuff, it's 2x1 i think, idk can't remember.
they're getting mad at me cuz i was taking nonsense pics, :lol:

You guys were so lucky. My parents didn't trust with a real camera. When I was a kid, they bought me one of these and I ran around everywhere pretending to take pictures:x

viewmaster.jpg

^^^ bahahahhahahahahah...

Ok, THAT was funny. :lol:

well theta.. you began with "i'm new to photography" and also the phrase "i didn't bother.." in your first sentence here at TPF. Also posted in the beginners forum. If you had perhaps posted in general gallery with the statement "I love to shoot with such and such film and this is the look I was going for.. does it work?" kind of cc, you would have gotten much different responces.

To me.. I don't really "get" this picture. There are many things that just don't work for me including comp and technique.. but I'm sure your niche is somewhere in the art world ;) Hope you continue to post :)

You guys were so lucky. My parents didn't trust with a real camera. When I was a kid, they bought me one of these and I ran around everywhere pretending to take pictures:x

lol, that's cool, actually the polaroid i had that time was for me and my 2 sister, since i'm the youngest, i get only to watch them take pictures and when they're not around, i grab it and play until the film was out. i was so nervous when the film ran out because i thought i broke the camera, stupid me, :lmao:
here's something similar to what we got.
polaroid_izone.jpg

but ours was orange or pink. :)

^^^ oh I remember those! The little mini polaroid things! Wow, I totally forgot about that. They were really short lived IIRC.

I don't know, maybe it's because I am new to photography, but even with the background ino, that photo looks like crap. It doesn't have any kind of retro, distressed look; its has those weird white artifacts(which I thought might be stars too), a spot at the bottom of the page, and completely borked colors. The fact that you have the attitude to say 'I didn't bother' goes to show me that you are missing the 1 thing that I think is needed most for good pictures; a passion for what you are doing. If you don't really give a damn, why should anyone else? That will show in the pictures you take.

I don't know, maybe it's because I am new to photography, but even with the background ino, that photo looks like crap. It doesn't have any kind of retro, distressed look; its has those weird white artifacts(which I thought might be stars too), a spot at the bottom of the page, and completely borked colors. The fact that you have the attitude to say 'I didn't bother' goes to show me that you are missing the 1 thing that I think is needed most for good pictures; a passion for what you are doing. If you don't really give a damn, why should anyone else? That will show in the pictures you take.

I've gotta admit, this one doesn't even seem worth the time everyone is spending arguing about this. From any sort of technical standpoint, it is a snapshot, and a bad one at that. And if anyone really wants to defend this as fine art...well, I could never get into caviar either.

Most reactions

Back