Please critique some of my photos!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Peacemaker636, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Peacemaker636

Peacemaker636 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Okay, so here are some of my photos. I'd like to take any critique, no matter how harsh, so long as you have a point and are trying to tell me what to do better. Btw, these are in no particular order, they're just some random pictures that I want critiqued :mrgreen:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. (A self portrait, and I know the background's busy, so please don't comment on that)
    [​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have moved this post to the General Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the critique section, with a bit of an explanation of the shot and what you were trying to show.

Thank you.

3. Peacemaker636

Peacemaker636 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry, I wanted to get serious feedback on what (if anything) is wrong with any of the pictures. So I put it in the critique section. I didn't know we weren't supposed to post multiple pics.

Sorry!

4. HoboSyke

HoboSyke TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These look more like "snapshots" rather then photos that require serious critique.

5. Peacemaker636

Peacemaker636 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, thanks for making an effort to give me useful advice. I'm asking for helpful criticism that will be of use to me in the future. So unless you're going to give it, I'd rather you don't say anything.

If you would tell me what exactly makes them look like snapshots, then I wouldn't care.

6. ernie

ernie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i'd say pimp the colors a bit in the first one and crop the legs of the watching people out in the fourth one. just my idea

7. ernie

ernie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    oh and there's something with that dog too, it's just a big black spot. maybe mess around with the contrast/brightness?

8. Peacemaker636

Peacemaker636 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, I actually thought about cropping the legs but that cut off some of the spraying water, and I wanted to keep that. I'll look into adjusting the brightness on the dog.

9. neea

neea TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    One of the many definitions of 'critique' is "to review or analyze critically."

HoboSyke gave you their PERSONAL review of your photos.

I don't think there's any need to critque someones critque.

While I agree with HoboSyke on the style of your pictures I will offer some opinions of my own on how you could improve this batch.

#1. While it's a nice landscape there is really focus point that grabs the viewers attention.

#2. I would crop tighter and lose some of the wall on the right side. Maybe try black & white.

#3. While it's a very neat picture, I like how it shows motion, it seems there is really no focus again. I would've prefered for face to be in focus.

#4. I really like this picture also. But again, too much 'empty' space around the main subject. Tighter crop. I like color but I can also this in b&w too.

#5. I can see what you're trying to say here. Personally I'd fiddle with some effects in Photoshop or whatever editing program you have.

#6. I would erase the entire background and maybe make it black or something to look like a studio portrait. This is very simple to do, especially on this picture.

If you don't know how to do any of these things you can always ask. There's a section here about digital photography.

Remember, there are no stupid questions. The only thing stupid is to not ask. And you did ask for critque, no matter how harsh, so next time be prepared for WHATEVER anyone might say.
    therwise, tell us to take it easy on you;)

There are other sections around here where you can post a picture and ask people to edit it themselves and repost. This will give you a better idea, visually, of what we all mean when you give advice.

Keep taking pictures!!!!

10. neea

neea TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Also, remember to always really pay attention to what you see in your viewfinder. Check around the frame for anything that might sneak it's way into the frame that you'd otherwise want to crop out.
    I know that the joy of digital has let people just take pictures non-stop.
    I shoot film, and it gets expensive.
    I always ask myself if the picture is really something I'm willing to pay to get. Is it something that I would like to see on my walls? Is there another angle or view that would make this better (with digital you can take all those angles and disregard the lesser of the bunch).

11. Renair

Renair TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Like the swimmer one the best, good action style...

12. david1971

david1971 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I thought I'd try to blur out the background and make it match your eyes... I don't know... what do you think?

[​IMG]

David