Please critique this for me....

@TheTraveler:

So I don't think it's that great of a photo...sue me. And no, I don't feel like posting my work for critique. What I say about other people's photographs has absolutely nothing to do with my technical abilities or sense of photographic prescience. I am far more critical of myself than I am of other people. I print only the best of the best of my photographs, and don't really care what most people have to say about them.

As is evidenced by other people's responses aside from or in opposition to what I write, you don't have to pay attention to a thing that I say.
So this is the "I'm too good to post here" defense, a variant of the "I'm a tortured artist who is never happy with my own work no matter how wonderful it is."

I think you will find that, if you ever post, that you are not your own worst critic.

And yes, if you want to be a member of the community rather than just trying to be a bully, you should post your pictures.

yes sir! how long ago were you at ft.carson? the base is getting a large influx of troops soon - should change the face of that place.
I left in '04. I used to be able to see GotG out my window. I lived about 100 feet from Bear Creek Regional Park. It was the best place I have ever lived.

I left in '04. I used to be able to see GotG out my window. I lived about 100 feet from Bear Creek Regional Park. It was the best place I have ever lived.

I too was at Fort Carson. Part of my tour I lived in Manitou Springs, clearly one of the strangest communitites in the US.

And yes, if you want to be a member of the community rather than just trying to be a bully, you should post your pictures.

Drop the competitive macho crap. Posting photos for critique is not a requirement of members here.

I sincerely believe that almost everyone here who gives critiques is either too concerned with being nice about it, and/or defers to post-processing as an answer to everything. The fact that I subscribe to neither of those doesn't make me a bully. It makes me honest. I've said a thousand times before that I'll be the first to give credit where I feel its due. Some people honestly think that mediocre photos are great, and some honestly think that photoshop is a cure-all. And that's perfectly fine. Just consider me to be of a different school. I'm not out to prove myself or put anyone down. You may disagree with me about which photos I like and don't like, or why I do or don't like them, but don't try to write me off as some kind of jerk for giving what I feel is an honest critique.

Mine is a bit darker... just a quick play, but I thought burning the edges would give it more of a magical intimate look. I also thought it could use a defog. I like the shot :) Let me know if you want the steps.

2e5mhz6.jpg

newedit.jpg

i burnt to much in the dirt..but it was a quick go..i just played with the curves, the saturation, and the sharpness, and burnt the spots i felt should be darker..

I think sharpening alone made all the difference in the world. Aftter that I played around with it and came up with a favorite, and I will also contribute my color version.

dsc0370123wh3.jpg

dsc03701dv4.jpg

I really want to thank all of you for your help. I really liked what EJB did to the photo and I tried something similar. I upped the contrast and adjusted the colors. I also sharpened it and added a spotlight effect. Please let me know what you think.

RedoneBridge-1.jpg

Not bad! :) Glad you liked it. I still think I prefer *my* play haha :p If you wanna replicate mine anymore- I boosted saturation a bit, boosted contrast, and added some red in :) I also defogged I believe (usm 20 60 0) and then sharpened a bit- but i felt oversharpening made the photo messy looking.

Most reactions

Back