Please Critique!!

Blackbelt94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone im 14 and im really interested in photography but i need help along the way to become a good photographer so i wondered if you guys or girls or w.e can critique or edit with there own will this picture.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2632.jpg

thats a real badass photo you took there man. im no expert but i would try and get rid of that bird thats flying in the middle of the pic. just because its so far away and kinda looks like a spot. just my opinion

Now that I realize it's a bird--- I actually kind of like it.... helps give a sense of the size of the falls, as well as giving a sense of the distance between the viewer and the falls.

I like the positioning of the falls within your frame. :)

How long have you been taking photos? My interest in photography started at the same age. :)

A nice image, a couple of points that I will submit as C&C, per req: The sky is rather bland; the use of a graduated neutral-density filter would have really perked it up. As well, the colours overall are slightly desaturated. The use of a circular polarizer would have given you a little more pop there as well. I would definitely remove the bird; this is not the sort of image where you want people to have to think about what something is. This is an image taken to record a scenic view. To me the bird simply looks like a spot. The composition is nice, but I would suggest zooming in a little more tightly on the falls; just a bit too much tree and not enough falls. Lastly, I would try a levels tweak to clear up some of the mist which is causing the top part of the image to appear slightly foggy. I understand that it's there, but I don't think in this case it's definite enough to add to the image.
Probably sounds like a lot of points, but really, they're all very minor. The image overall is very good, and can stand on it's own as-is. Those things I have mentioned are simply ideas by which you might, IMHO, improve an already good capture.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Thank Everyone for your critique i really appreciate it and to answer Mikistreak i have been taking pictures for about 3 months.

Keep up the good work. Tirediron hit the nail on any critiques. Great work. If you shot raw you could try to go back and mess with curves to saturate a little.

Shoot more! :)

Most reactions

Back