Please Critique!!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Blackbelt94, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Blackbelt94

Blackbelt94 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello everyone im 14 and im really interested in photography but i need help along the way to become a good photographer so i wondered if you guys or girls or w.e can critique or edit with there own will this picture.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. ISI_Stang06

ISI_Stang06 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thats a real badass photo you took there man. im no expert but i would try and get rid of that bird thats flying in the middle of the pic. just because its so far away and kinda looks like a spot. just my opinion

3. MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Now that I realize it's a bird--- I actually kind of like it.... helps give a sense of the size of the falls, as well as giving a sense of the distance between the viewer and the falls.

I like the positioning of the falls within your frame. :)

How long have you been taking photos? My interest in photography started at the same age. :)

4. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    A nice image, a couple of points that I will submit as C&C, per req: The sky is rather bland; the use of a graduated neutral-density filter would have really perked it up. As well, the colours overall are slightly desaturated. The use of a circular polarizer would have given you a little more pop there as well. I would definitely remove the bird; this is not the sort of image where you want people to have to think about what something is. This is an image taken to record a scenic view. To me the bird simply looks like a spot. The composition is nice, but I would suggest zooming in a little more tightly on the falls; just a bit too much tree and not enough falls. Lastly, I would try a levels tweak to clear up some of the mist which is causing the top part of the image to appear slightly foggy. I understand that it's there, but I don't think in this case it's definite enough to add to the image.
    Probably sounds like a lot of points, but really, they're all very minor. The image overall is very good, and can stand on it's own as-is. Those things I have mentioned are simply ideas by which you might, IMHO, improve an already good capture.
    Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
    ~John

5. Blackbelt94

Blackbelt94 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank Everyone for your critique i really appreciate it and to answer Mikistreak i have been taking pictures for about 3 months.

6. Tyjax

Tyjax TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Keep up the good work. Tirediron hit the nail on any critiques. Great work. If you shot raw you could try to go back and mess with curves to saturate a little.

Shoot more! :)