Please critique

pezuzaine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took about 50+ random shots a couple days ago, sadly I only really liked 4 of them. These were my first shots so please feel free to critique. Love 'em :thumbup: hate 'em :thumbdown: ...... I could use some criticism to help me improve.

DSC_0009sm.jpg

DSC_0054sm.jpg

DSC_0021sm.jpg

DSC_0017sm.jpg

#1 is cool. #3 Is too blurry. The 2nd bunch o berries is out of focus. #4 seems to be out of focus as well, try f11 instead of f8.

what is #2? it oddly looks like the stanley cup..

you might wanna number your shots to make it easier for others.

btw, that cup is coming to Toronto very soon :D

see.. for a guy who doesnt watch hockey, I'm still pretty bright!!

To the berries pic, I kinda like tha the fact the berries in the front our OFF. However the second set of berries (that are in focus) is blocked by that leaf which kinda bugs me.

#1 is cool. #3 Is too blurry. The 2nd bunch o berries is out of focus. #4 seems to be out of focus as well, try f11 instead of f8.

Is there a way to see the camera attributes for a picture without downloading it to your computer and opening the properties? Or is that how you knew it was f8?

As for the pictures, I like 2, and I agree with the above posters about the flowers and berries. The foreground out of focus is a cool effect, but it shouldn't block your main (in focus) subject.

Where'd you take 2 at? Hockey hall of fame? Or did you see it somewhere in Pittsburgh (I can't tell where that flag is from)

I really like the cup shot, however i feel you should have used the flyers championships as your focal point.

To the berries pic, I kinda like tha the fact the berries in the front our OFF. However the second set of berries (that are in focus) is blocked by that leaf which kinda bugs me.

I meant for the foreground to be out of focus and the berries in the background to be in focus, but yes I totally agree with you on how the leaf is blocking the berries in the background.

As for the first picture, that's probably my best one. The second one of the Stanley Cup, believe it or not, is not the actual cup itself. It is a replica that Edmonton has displayed on Gateway Blvd. As for the last picture the background is meant to be blurred while the foreground flowers are in focus. But they do look a little blurred still.

I guess I should've been specific with what I was trying to achieve with my pictures. Much appreciation on your guys' criticism. It was very helpful.

btw, that cup is coming to Toronto very soon :D

lol you leafs fans are really cute... and sorry Mike, but it'll be in Calgary before your two cities again :D

About the picture of the cup I like the angle a lot and it's my favorite of the shots posted.

Most reactions

Back