Please critique

trevburley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All,

After a few years off from DSLR's I'm back. I have never really done 'people' shots so am looking for some comments and feedback on my progress so far - these are mostly semi-candid style shots taken with my 50mm f1.8 except number 2 which is my 18-55 kit lens:

tori_red_hair_small.jpg

tori_kaitlyn_cropped2_small.jpg

kaitlyn4 (Large).jpg

#1. Her beautiful eyes are too-masked. I would prefer a darker bg to highlight her face. And her hair being a little messed-up as she lays there - that distracts my eye. Get more light on those eyes! :)

2. You may want to consider adjusting the crop moving them up and a bit towards center. The little girl is falling out of the frame. Otherwise well lit and processed.

3. Perhaps a tighter crop - the very very bright sky made my eye a little confused as to what I need to see-most. Such a sweet vibe in that pic though.

Thanks Dashur, I was only able to adjust #3, the rest need re-shooting but it looks 100x better - thanks!

kaitlyn4_tight2.jpg

Last edited:
Will give it a try a bit later, I had already boosted the colour and brightness of the eyes so it should be a simple adjustment.

Most reactions

Back