please critique

lollypop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
465150952_5bbc80a526.jpg

please can you give me some advice and feedback on this image

i think it captures the essence of summer well. I used a digital compact sony cybershot 5 mp with available lighting on the beach

IMO, this meaning comes across to you because you know the circumstance. In my eyes, it's an up-close snap.

Sorry.

yes i know the circumstances, but its the colour and expression in the faces that i think connote summer, maybe i am wrong.

You say "sorry" why?

thats ok the image wasnt staged i hadnt invested anything into it, so overall i am pleased with the way it is- although under to illusions as to its grandure! :)

i agre with the traveller. i think its a great photograph! but if you hadnt given the background would not have made me think summer.

maybe next time you can post apicture and ask what it reminds people of or what feelings they associate with the photograph, and then afterward explain the photo and what it means to you and what feelings oyu associate with it. but then this way you will be able to get some honest and untainted insight!

again great photograph. to me it reminds me of new beginnings, new relationships, and a great connection. i get a "young" feeling from the photo. and fun. someone who is uninhibited and happy to be alive and be who they are. lots of thoughts on your photograph. good capture!

thank you, it was simply a in the moment shot, but i was suprised how much i liked it and wanted some insight on what other people thought. Thanks for the comments and suggestions -I'll definetly heed them and not jump the gun in the future :)

im new to photography as well, and i say sometimes i just "get lucky" in the moment myself LOL

To be honest (that's what we are here for, right?), this photo does nothing for me. What I mean by that is that, even though it looks like some thought has gone into it (the cropping/framing specifically), it looks too "commercial" or "MTV", without really saying anything to me. To put it another way, it looks formulaic (artsy, fast-cut), without stirring my emotions. If it says something to you, that’s important, but from the outside looking in, I get nothing.

to me it is two people in pain from some deafening noise ... but summer is certainly not something coming to my mind when looking at it.

Agreed with the deafing noise.

This does not reflect summer what so ever.

There is no clear subject. I have no clue what to make of this picture.

Subject is undefined and it buggs me that u framed it at the end of her teeth.

I like it compositionally. It doesn't make me think of summer, but of laughter and a teasing, flirty sort of friendship. Like Justamom said, it makes me think of youth. The only thing that bothers me is the yellow teeth of the smile in the back. These people are obviously young, but they have been smoking for many years? Maybe it's just the light, but it's one of those situations, I would think it's okay to photoshop-whiten just a tad.

i didnt photoshop or crop this photo in any way, it is simply an in the moment shot with no prior planning i can understand what you mean now :)

Most reactions

Back