Please discuss...I'd like to hear from you

That was mostly luck, I was sooting in manual mode with manual focus, as soon as I started snapping some shots of these two, they both took off, I was very surprised that I kept them(relatively) focused.

Now that people have mentioned differences, I think that I do have a few shots that stand out. A more interesting background or composition, but most of them just look like the same old shot. My problem is that I still don't "see" things the way the camera "sees" them. I think If I work on "seeing like a camera" then I won't have so many shots that make me say, "Blah" and maybe have a few more that make me say "Ooh".

BTW, What screen resolutions do most people use these days; basically that photo is 1024x768, should I make those smaller so it's easier to view on a lower res screen, Or is that not so much an issue. sorry not trying to hijack, but I can change that photo if it makes it easier for people.

Now that people have mentioned differences, I think that I do have a few shots that stand out. A more interesting background or composition, but most of them just look like the same old shot. My problem is that I still don't "see" things the way the camera "sees" them. I think If I work on "seeing like a camera" then I won't have so many shots that make me say, "Blah" and maybe have a few more that make me say "Ooh".

BTW, What screen resolutions do most people use these days; basically that photo is 1024x768, should I make those smaller so it's easier to view on a lower res screen, Or is that not so much an issue. sorry not trying to hijack, but I can change that photo if it makes it easier for people.

Great shot anyway...I am still learning to see the way a camera does, and I sort of begin to make myself think before I shoot--what's there not yet discovered before? and trying to find unusual angles.:)

As for the resolution, I guess 1024x768 works well with most computers, they are large enough for viewer to see more details and yet won't take too long to download.;)

How about two?
2inflight.jpg

But I do know what you guys mean. I look at any of my "good" butterfly shots and think "it's not bad but its nothing that has not been done a million times" But as long as I am enjoying myself, why not?

WOW, that is really cool.

How about two?

But I do know what you guys mean. I look at any of my "good" butterfly shots and think "it's not bad but its nothing that has not been done a million times" But as long as I am enjoying myself, why not?

Show that picture off with pride.

Show that picture off with pride.
Actually I just had a few prints made, at Schillers here In St. Louis. The are a reputable place and actually know what they are doing. When that one popped up on the screen the guy at Schillers said "Wow, thats nice!" It was nice to know that a guy who probably sees thousands of photos a week had that reaction to one of mine. :)

It was nice to know that a guy who probably sees thousands of photos a week had that reaction to one of mine.
Yeah...I bet if you submit it as a competition entry, you will won...WIN, wrong tense.:oops:.

my turn!

It's pretty standard, but it's clear, it's sharp, it's detailed.

DSC_0005_SHOW.jpg

i think your post is less about butterflies and more about photography in general. I do share your same feelings that its difficult to make pictures "yours". I am part of a car forum as well and members who have been on the board for a while can easily identify my car amongst the many that look like it. It just comes down to there are many people with equal amounts of talent i guess...but you could always just go with a watermark on your photo's :greenpbl:

Here's one I did... I think it tends to be different... ya think? I just think it needs to please your eye - it shouldn't feel to YOU like all the other shots... does that make sense?

This particular one that I did was sitting on the doorframe of my garage door... the darkness behind it is because there were some major shaded tree areas behind it, and the dark on the doorframe is because the inside of the garage was not lit. The sun was coming down high and from the left, so it was just kissing this guy right to where it made him glow...

animals7.jpg

Here's one I did... I think it tends to be different... ya think? I just think it needs to please your eye - it shouldn't feel to YOU like all the other shots... does that make sense?

This particular one that I did was sitting on the doorframe of my garage door... the darkness behind it is because there were some major shaded tree areas behind it, and the dark on the doorframe is because the inside of the garage was not lit. The sun was coming down high and from the left, so it was just kissing this guy right to where it made him glow...

animals7.jpg

Wowww. nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back