Please give me tips for this lighting situation

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2 big sliding doors to the left, my only option is natural light, no flash. I can make a home made reflector if someone can give me an idea on how big I should make it and also how I can prop it. This is how the light looks when shot (SOOC, no editing at all):
IMG_2396.jpg

And how it looks when backlit, though this picture is not properly exposed
IMG_2362.jpg

The natural light fell onto the floor about 2 feet behind where I positioned the prop (so essentially they are in the shade and not subjected to the harshness) The doors don't have any blinds or anything on them... is there something I could put on them to diffuse the light and then position the prop IN that sunlight since it would be diffused? I felt it worked to my advantage at times like here:
IMG_2349copy.jpg

But not so well in like the 1st one or the 2nd one. (but here's the 1st one after editing)
IMG_2397.jpg

Tips and advice please :)

Something like a dry erase board with holes drilled into the top corners and some clothesline that can be affixed to the board and draped over, even just, the tripod or some other stand. And a sheer white sheet could be a good basic diffusing cover. I'm sure there are more highly tech-nickle ways to tackle this. Just a couple of idears.

Large (2'x4') of white and/or light yellow (which will give you something close to warm gold) card stock. A couple of bucks at your local Wal-Mart or discount store, secure it anywhere with masking tape, and it bends and can be cut.

You know what I've used a time or two?

One of those silly sunshade thingies you buy for your car. Some of them have a nice reflective silvery side, some have the aluminum foil look.

They're cheap, and can be hung about anywhere since they don't weigh much. I use duct tape to hang one from a nearby lamp or chair.

Plain old bristol board works too.

Or maybe even a white sheet.

A crap load of copier paper taped to something

Lol

Sorry

I think you did an amazing job already Kelly, and I'm sorry but I have no knowledge of lighting things with reflectors. But I do know that #2 is completely worthy of a POTM nomination, IMHO.

oh, thank you so much. I want to nail this the next time I go. I appreciate your thoughts and advice, I really do :hugs:

Most reactions

Back