**Please , give me your opinions.!!**

the first one with the dog makes me think, which is what i think makes a good photograph.

all other ones are boring

thanks very very much.!!

:)

really?! wow thanks.!

i have a few more to put up, thanks

Basically, these pictures are just test shots and there's not much to say about them. The 4th and 7th shots don't suffer from camera shake and have the most interesting compositions. The other shots suffer from camera shake and have the least interesting compositions.

A few questions for you:

Did you read the owner's manual?

What mode was the camera in when you took these pictures?

Do you have any photography books yet?

What do you want to get out of photography?

One of the most important things to do now is to get to know your D80 really well. Get to know what all the buttons and settings and what they do. Get really comfortable with your D80.

Then you'll want to start learning the basics of photography. There is a lot of information available on the web regarding photography basics and doing a search will get you tons of hits. You'll want to start learning about exposure, understanding light and composition. Composition is one of the most important things to learn and is what separates great photos from snapshots. This web page has some simple tricks that will help you improve.

You'll get better at photography by hanging around with experienced shooters. See if there is a local photography club or social group you can meet up with. You'll learn a lot when shooting with others.

And learn how to hold your D80 correctly...yes, there is correct way to hold a DSLR. See this tutorial: How To Hold A DSLR. Holding your camera correctly will reduce camera shake.

You have a Jack Russell! I have two myself.

thanks an absolute million for the advice, i'll check out those sites and have a practice.

the camera was in auto focus,

i didn't read the manual but i have now,

i have no books at all but if you reccommend some to me i'll get 'em,

and i want to get people thinking when they see my photo's , enjoy it, look at a photo and be able to say something like 2wow ... i took that!!""
and make other people see the beauty i was trying to capture with ease. .. and lots more lol..

ill defo try and find groups or organisations around,

really eager to learn.!!

heres some more....

oh and their not jack russels .. their crossed with something haha

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

there we go!!

yes i know the cat pictures are under-exposed haha

I love it when people first get their SLR cameras! I think it's exciting! I just got my first SLR (Canon XSi) right after thanks giving and I love it! It's nearly the Canon equivilant to the Nikon D 80. Correct me if I'm wrong people. I'm just looking at the features. Anyway I have used an SLR at work before I got mine, which is why I bought the one I did.

Anyway, you have received many replies before mine, but I will say it. The images look a bit out of focus, but not far off. I like the clarity of image number 4 but image number 3 is my fave! I like the last one, but as someone on this forum has said before. Focus on one part like a leaf or maybe the top of one of the plants.

-Christopher

yeah it's a deadly feeling haha.!!

ok thanks i'll give it all a try.!!

thanks for the reply

Ok just to let you know my previous post was for your first set of pictures. Didn't realize this thread went to page two. :)

But now for the new ones. I like the dog ones but the cat ones are rather dark. I would say just keep playing with it! Try many different settings. Develop an eye for things... position, color, focal point, etc.

-Christopher

oh ok i was thinking that ha,

yeah the dog ones are my favourites too,

i'll defo be playing with it for hours to come :)

thanks

NO TRIPOD USED

Should be getting one soon , idea just popped into my head haha;)

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Most reactions

Back