Please have a look at my doves

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by kcirtap, Dec 18, 2008.

1. kcirtap

kcirtap TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi, I am new to this forum. I just recently got a Nikon D80 as a gift and these are some photos of some doves I took with it. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind taking a look and letting me know what you think. If I mess up the photo posting I apologize in advance, however I did read the link above here on how to do it so I should be alright. I did adjust some of the levels in PhotoShop and I also added some borders around the little guys because I thought it looked nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for taking a look.

2. DRoberts

DRoberts TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    very nice shots...would like to have seen an increase in your DOF on the first one so the back bird was as sharp as the first.

3. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I love Doves. Dippy birds but awfully cute.

These all look a bit underexposed. The first one looks like you missed the focus. Nice colors and pretty nice composition, though.

4. kcirtap

kcirtap TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you. I actually got fairly upset when I looked at them because the focus was just not what I wanted. But then I decided they were still decent to me so I was like..okay. I see what you mean about the exposure too. I will try to take some more to see if they improve at all but the skies here are just horrible for my low level of experience so far and it keeps snowing lol..but those doves are out there in our tree every single day with their baby so it shouldn't be too hard to get some practice in on them.