Please Help I was having Undesirable Light Rays Issue

FrozenBlizzard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone.

I am an amateur landscape photographer and still trying my best to learn and improve my passion on this field. Before when I used my amateur level Canon dslr with 17-40 mm wide-angle lens, I never have the problem shooting directly on any light source (like street lamps, sun, etc.) but when I used my Nikon D610 mounted with 14-24 mm nikkor lens, that is where I started getting the issue. I really want to have perfect star-rays effect but I frequently noticed that when I shoot directly to any light source I do get these undesirable/imperfect light rays. I assume the problem lies with my nikkor lens? Anyone among you here have any idea what is really the problem, I really need your brilliant opinion so that I can resolve the issue. Any tips are highly appreciated for me to avoid doing the same mistakes of having this issue.

Thank you very much.

Mert D.

2.jpg
1.jpg

Looks like there's some smearing on the lens. Try cleaning it.

Be sure to use a proper cleaning method. Using your shirt tail isn't exactly a good idea. A Rocket Blower, a quality lens brush and a clean microfiber cloth and lens fluid should be part of your gear.

Not trying to say you don't know any better, but there are people who have scratched up a perfectly good lens just by being hasty.

Be sure to use a proper cleaning method. Using your shirt tail isn't exactly a good idea. A Rocket Blower, a quality lens brush and a clean microfiber cloth and lens fluid should be part of your gear.

Not trying to say you don't know any better, but there are people who have scratched up a perfectly good lens just by being hasty.

Yes I will follow your advice. Again, thanks a lot.

Also, try shooting at f16 instead of f5.6. A smaller aperture will exaggerate the rays of light.

I agree it looks like there may be a smug on the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back