PLEASE help me decide!!!

wmflyfisher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

First of all thanks to everyone for all the support!! I'm having a very hard time trying to decide on a camera. My Sony W70 is the biggest piece and I'm torn between a new Canon SD880IS or a used in exc condition Nikon D40.

I can get the D40 for $350 from a friend but don't really know if I want to go this route. I would love to learn about DSLR's and this would allow me to do so.

How much of a difference will pics be going from the 880 to the D40?? I won't be blowing any up large.

I'm also looking at the G9 since it's smaller if it will take better photo's than the 880.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you really want to do more in photography, I will say go with the D40 or any other DSLR type camera. Please note that is just a beginning. You MAY need to spend more money on building up your camera gears. It depends on how serious you are into photography.

Do you have any type of photography you want to go with? Are you just planning to use the camera as a recording tool to capture some snaps as well as special moments?

Thanks Dao, This camera will be used for family and mostly scenery pics. Mtns, rivers, landscapes, fishing and the beach. $350 is a stretch over what I had planned on spending but will if it will make a good bit of difference in the quality.

Personally, if you are not planning to go deeper into photography, a regular point and shoot or the bridge camera make more sense.

For general snap shot type photos, you may not see much different.

You can view camera comparison or reviews from dpreview.com

yea a point and shoot camera should be enough
clear.gif

Thanks guys. I'm starting to think the same thing. I don't want to have to sink more money into lenses or anything so p&s may be the way to go.

What about the Canon SD series VS the G series?? Will there be much difference in quality here??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back