Please help me decide

boomer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello, currently i have a film Nikon N80 backed by a Nikkor 24-120 VR lens. i made a for sale thread as i wanted to sell this set up to buy the digital Nikon D80 along with the 18-135 DX lens. heres my for sale thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87540

for my question.....
should keep my current non DX format 24-120 VR lens and use it on the new D80 or should i sell my current lens and camera and buy the D80 body along with 18-135 DX lens?

i know my VR lens is a much nicer lens over the DX lens for the D80. but i am worried about the conversion factor......which will turn my 24-120 into a 35-180 on a D80.

what are your opinions on this?

Hello... I guess it depends mostly on one thing... how much do you use the 24-35mm range with your N80?

One option would be to stick with your current lens, and also get something like a 12-24mm DX lens to cover the wide-angles.

I agree in that it depends on how much you need and use the focal distance you'll loose. That being said, personally I would stick to the non-DX lens.

I personally like my 24-120 on a DSLR even if it is the older non-VR version. I use it as my "walk'in round" lens.

Most reactions

Back