Please help me improve. *Warning 7 pics*

Brokepilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these pictures of my buddy yesterday. He is a bodybuilder as you can probably see. This was my first time taking photos like this outside. Anyways, I want to improve my pictures that I take of people and make them more professional looking. All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

So, how can I improve these shots?

#1)
Jon1.jpg

#2)
Jon10.jpg

#3)
Jon2.jpg

#4)
Jon7.jpg

#5)
Jon3.jpg

#6)
Jon4Cropped.jpg

#7)
Jon6.jpg

Sorry, that is a lot of pics on one thread. Thanks for taking the time to help me improve.

i like them all except #3.....#3 seems a little girly i dont know why?

try to put some oil on his body to bring out the muscle tone.......the use of background i think is good for man........maybe try different settings...like in a GYM with some weights and equpiment.....dark and "oily" skin tone usually works great for muscle men

Jon4Cropped2.jpg

i just messed around with that one quickly

tell me what you think

He was having trouble getting a good "pumped" look, because it was a little chilly and he was freezing. We are going to do some more shots and I will suggest the oil. Next time it will be indoors, so that should help too.

Articsilber, that looks cool. Did you filter that in PS or just adjust the colors and shading? I really like the sky in that pic.

i adjusted color contrast brightness added a cooling filter and messed with curves a little

Hiya Brokepilot, I moved your thread to the General Gallery since it reads in the Photo Critique FAQs that you only present one photo for serious critiquing, with some specific questions on to what you want to have critiqued (composition, lighting, conversion method, placement, background, DOF etc.). See?

I like the venue you chose for your shoot, looks good, particularly so in 5 and 7. A pity the shirt is a bit blown in 7.

I like #5 (Looks like I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley!)

In #2 he looks a bit docile or submissive though... Not sure if you are trying to avoid that... More to do with his posing, kind of defensive and stand-offish. With the "thousand yard stare" it kind of looks like he's trying to be more kind of visionary leader-like... (?) But the hands in the pockets take away from this, as do the straight front leg and slimming clothes...

Most reactions

Back