Please help me in choosing web hosting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by 0as, Nov 10, 2008.

1. 0as

0as TPF Noob!

Hi everyone,
    I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
    I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
    Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

2. PatrickHMS

PatrickHMS TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have used Yahoo for 5 years.

Never had an issue or a problem of any kind. For me, they have been reliable, no downtime, and I know that some of the options they offer are as low as $11.95 per month which icludes the Domain Name.

3. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you considered godaddy.com?

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I recently switched and asked around for recommendations. Many people recommended HostGator so I went with them and have been happy so far.

5. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    While I think the OP's post is probably an advertisement hidden in a question, I use godaddy for my genealogy site and never had a problem.

6. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

as long as this isn't spam...

i too recommend HostGatar.

I was stuck with 1and1 for years and it wasn't until i looked at hostgator that i realised how much i had been getting ripped off by them

With hostgator you get unlimited disk space, unlimited MySQL databases... basically unlimited everything for $9.95 if you pay monthly or as little £7.95 for 3 years subscription

7. hovis

hovis TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have a look at freeparking.com - I've used them before t good effect and not a lot of money...

8. lizzy

lizzy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I host with http://www.lmh0sted.com Since i joined them they swept me off my feet the way they deal with billing and technical queries. They use ICQ messenger for billing and technical support 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Questions get answered almost instantaneously. I had a ton of questions that i bombarded billing and technical support with and they were so friendly and so eager to help me every step of the way. I never want to host with another hosting provider as there staff is a breeze to work with. I think there support staff is the best you will find on this planet and i am saying this because i have experienced them hands on so I'm saying this out of my experience dealing with them.

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

http://vidahost.com/

Very good and based in London. They've answered any question or problem I've sent them within 24 hours too.

Plus they'll give me a fiver if you sign up and tell them I sent you. :mrgreen:

10. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1and1.com

I have 10 gigs of space 30 gigs bandwidth a month for just over $100 a year.

Payable in 3 month installments.

Customer service agents are complete idiots, but as long as you use a real credit card and not a pay as you go one, you shouldn't need to talk to them.