Please Help Me Out!

Dale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well i use a Mac Book pro and i shoot with a Nikon d300s and i love it and everything the color is perfect but the problem is whenever i load my pictures onto a website the picture colors kinda fades a little bit and i dont know what to do because its really frustrating. This is on Mozilla or internet explorer by the way. But when i open it up in safari, the color is exactly the same as it came out from photoshop. But when i go to mozilla and load em on either flickr or any where the picture kinda fades and turns grainy even though it looks perfect on my photoshop.

So please any suggestions?

this is getting really frustrating :grumpy:

Check what colorspace your camera is set to and what color space you use for output.

An image in the AdobeRGB colorspace looks kind of faded on the web because the web is sRGB.

well its in sRGB for photoshop but it still becomes grainy and faded

What color space is the D300s set to?

You didn't mention grainy in your original post. Can you upload examples we can look at.

Then the colour space is NOT sRGB. Mozilla and Internet explorer are not colour managed (mozilla is but it's counter-intuitive to enable). Safari is, and so is photoshop. They will load the image and extract the colour profile out of them.

If you're shooting RAW, set the CameraRAW dialogue to import in sRGB, if you're shooting in JPEG from the camera, go through the camera menus and find sRGB.
For the photos you already have, open them in photoshop and click edit -> Convert to profile, and select sRGB IECblahblahblah before you save the image.

There is no point in shooting or working in a colour space other than sRGB unless your final results are top quality 8 colour or chemical prints.

Most reactions

Back