Please help me pick songs for this website

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by Hillary26, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. Hillary26

    Hillary26 TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2005
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    My sister's website http://www.jhannesdesign.com/ really lacks good music, of course I put the music on for her, so it is MY fault, but I want something a little different. My favorite website is Tim Schoolers, and his music is awesome, and of course I cannot find out what music he uses, even after emailing him ( says his web designer put that song on for him & he does not know ).

    We are really trying to attract Seniors, but we don't know what music to use. Can you please look at My Sister's website and help out? Also, if you know what song Tim Schooler uses, can you please fill me in?

    Thanks so much :mrgreen:

    Hillary
     
  2. Big Mike

    Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2003
    Messages:
    33,822
    Likes Received:
    1,811
    Location:
    Edmonton
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    What is your budget for music on the web site? There are several sources of 'Royalty Free Music' (try Google) and you can use just about any music if you pay for it.
     
  3. ShaCow

    ShaCow TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2005
    Messages:
    878
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    UK - England - Birmingham
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I dont think it needs music to be honest...
     
  4. kundalini

    kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2007
    Messages:
    13,601
    Likes Received:
    1,929
    Location:
    State of Confusion
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    No offense, but this is just me. I immediately go for the volume icon and hit mute when I pull up a website with music playing. 90% of the time I already have something playing, the other 10% I don't want to hear anything but sweet silence.
     
  5. volleysnap

    volleysnap TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm a senior in high school and i agree that music is not necessary... unless i love the song I am going to turn it off. I checked out tim Schoolers website and the music definitely is a little different lol. If I were to choose, I would say go with folk alternative... maybe donavon frankenreiter or "hey ya" by obidiah parker? it's not too jarring because it is "folk" but it is modern and teenagers will recognize it.
     
  6. ironsidephoto

    ironsidephoto TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2006
    Messages:
    337
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Arkansas
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    a third..fourth. . . another for no music on the sites. if so, make sure there's a mute button.
     
  7. morydd

    morydd TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2006
    Messages:
    499
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Chicago
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    90% of the time if there is music on a web site, I don't look for a mute button. I simply click the "back" button and never return.
     
  8. Big Mike

    Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2003
    Messages:
    33,822
    Likes Received:
    1,811
    Location:
    Edmonton
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think it depends on the type of site that it is.

    Wedding Photography sites, often have music...and I'd guess that the typical visitor is a woman, aged 20-35 and she wouldn't mind a little 'wedding style' music when looking at romantic photos.

    If I come upon a site with music that is too fast/loud/obnoxious etc....then yes, I'll probably leave and never come back. But if the music is of a pleasant background type...then I don't mind at all.
     
  9. S2K1

    S2K1 TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2007
    Messages:
    288
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Utah
    I HATE music on websites, but I have 4 sisters and they all love music on sites! Guess it depends on your target market, I'd say leave it without music, but I am a guy.
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page
best songs for photography website
,
best songs for photography websites
,
good music for photography website
,
good song for photography website
,
good songs for a photography website
,

good songs for photography website

,
good songs for photography websites
,
photography website songs
,
songs for photography website
,
songs for photography websites