Please help me post-editing this shot

FLNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am relatively new to photography and I have not had the time and opportunity to learn Photoshop. I usually do a little basic editing on my iPhoto and sometimes PS Elements 11 but, I really need some help perfecting this photo I took today for a local newspaper.

Can anyone help me please? I am visualizing getting background "cleaned up" but don't know how.
I used Nikon D4s and Nikon 70-200mm at SS 1500 ISO 400 F/500 during cloudy condition.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• A4S_0477.jpg
    A4S_0477.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 238
A4S_0477_LR edit.JPG

Here's quickie edit. I left the under-chin neon coloring from that crazy shirt...just cloned the one background wrinkle and the majority of the illumination coming through the netting, but left the majority of the blue netting as-is. Added a bit of sharpening and vignetting. I looked at the image large...did you have VR left on at 1/1600 second? His foot looks blurred, and the lower part of the frame looks blurred, as if VR was on in bright light at too fast a shutter speed.

If this is for newspaper publication, I would NOT clean up the background, in any way. The problem I saw was the green and yellow luminance is too high; that neon chartreuse is a combination of green and yellow. In Lightroom, I lowered the luminance of both green and yellow, and also did a bit of recovery, since the highlights appear a bit too bright.

removed comment ... nothing to see here ... carry on.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back