Please Help! Memory Card Corrupt Can't Get Photos Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do all these Spammers come from?

i save my photos after every shoot. why would you want to keep 1000 raw files on your card instead of publishing them?

Some people can easily put 1000 images on a card during a single shoot. When you're out in the boonies, lugging laptop around just isn't feasible.
But hauling extra memory cards sure is.

I once made the mistake of buying a 32 gig no name card so I could shoot all day in in rapid succession & never have to worry about changing cards...2nd time I used it was for a paying gig that wanted a whole bunch of action shots, and 3 hours into a 4 hour shoot it died. First I called the manufacturer & found they're impossible to get a hold of. Then I went back to Microcenter where I bought it & they were willing to give me my money back if I returned it, but wouldn't try to recover the data. I tried all the free software, no luck, called professional restoration places, but they all charge more than the client was going to pay me.

Finally as a last ditch I called Wolf Camera & it turns out they do recovery for $45 on that size of card, even cheaper for "sane" sized cards. Took it in, and the next day they had a big stack of CDs for me with pictures not only from this shoot, but also the shots from the shoot BEFORE it, which I had already transferred to my computer and erased from the card. That part amazed me, they told me I should start formatting my card after every time I transfer images off of it so that there's no residual data to potentially corrupt the card down the road. Now I use a collection of 4 gig cards so all my eggs aren't in one basket, and format them after each shoot. Lesson learned.

The trick to recovering your 'lost' photos is to get the software before you have card issues. Practice using the software by taking some shots, reformatting the card, then recover the images that are still on it. Then you'll be in a much better position should a card ever become corrupted in the future.

I was in a worse situation, when I plugged my card in the computer didn't even see my card. I had recently travelled to Uganda to do a story and I had my first of three days work on a 16 GB Scan Disk card. When I got back to Dubai, I found a guy in Germany, who takes the cards apart and recovers the data. When I ws downloading the files, the power went out in Uganda, I beleive it wrecked the circuits.
Anyway the company I sent the card to was recoverfab.com and they were able to pull off 500+ images for me. So glad to have the images.
So if anyone has this problem, don't worry photos can still be found.
The company, was fast and efficient.

Hi Lumpmister!
It's really difficult situation to handle when your important photos lost from your camera. Therefore it is always recommended to use carefully and always have backup of memory card. Nikon stores all the images with .nef file format. This is raw image as you also said.
If your card has corrupted then you have only one option to recover the lost photos. You need to go for Stellar Phoenix video recovery software. The software recovers all raw images from your camera and also recovers lost videos. The software is reliable and definitely will recover photos and videos from your corrupted memory card.
One thing remember that you avoid using the card until you recover all the lost photos.

How long after they're taken can they be saved?

I was in a worse situation, when I plugged my card in the computer didn't even see my card. I had recently travelled to Uganda to do a story and I had my first of three days work on a 16 GB Scan Disk card. When I got back to Dubai, I found a guy in Germany, who takes the cards apart and recovers the data. When I ws downloading the files, the power went out in Uganda, I beleive it wrecked the circuits.
Anyway the company I sent the card to was recoverfab.com and they were able to pull off 500+ images for me. So glad to have the images.

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I wanted to add my thumbs up for this.

I recently traveled to Japan and lost all of my photos when my Amazon.com memory card bit the dust—wouldn't mount or even reformat, and the Console said the card wasn't even responding to the computer. Recoverfab did manage to retrieve all of my pictures and upload them to an FTP site.

Didn't mean to spam, but add a word of support for those who can't recover their photos using software tools. Cheers

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I wanted to add my thumbs up for this.

I recently traveled to Japan and lost all of my photos when my Amazon.com memory card bit the dust—wouldn't mount or even reformat, and the Console said the card wasn't even responding to the computer. Recoverfab did manage to retrieve all of my pictures and upload them to an FTP site.

Didn't mean to spam, but add a word of support for those who can't recover their photos using software tools. Cheers

Ok, we have reached a new low in spamming. A spammer with one whole post to their name bumping a spammer that had one whole post to their name. What a crock. Perfect reason to never use recoverfab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back