Please help! Nikon D70 or Canon 350D

Good point that Etaf, and Trigsy, the 350D is 8 megapixels, when D70 is only 6, thats the main difference, besides from the unbeatable speed of the 350D

:)

Artemis said:
Trigsy, the 350D is 8 megapixels, when D70 is only 6

Sure, but my point was that I don't think you'll notice any difference in the quality of your pictures with only a 2mp difference. Therefore I was trying to say that other features (such as speed) should be a more important componant of the choice.

triggerhappy said:
Sure, but my point was that I don't think you'll notice any difference in the quality of your pictures with only a 2mp difference. Therefore I was trying to say that other features (such as speed) should be a more important componant of the choice.

Good point, my bad :)

And as for the comment above, I wouldnt skimp...if your gonna spend a lot on a camera, dont then save on a couple of hundred...its eith waste £700, or make it worthwhile spending £900, if you get my point....not that D70 is a waste...

speaking of the canon 350D.. I have a normal (not digital) Canon EOS 300V, I was wondering if I can use the lense from this camera on the 350D if I were to purchase it (so I would only have to purchase the body for now)?

buckenmeyer vbmenu_register("postmenu_225490", true); ,

you can use that lens but multiply the current focal length by 1.6 to see the effective field of view on the 350D.

I'm asking myself the same question atm - D70 or 350D. I think I'm going to go with the 350D just because it is lighter and i find the controls a little more intuitive - plus I don't have that little cross arrow button on the nikon jamming into my nose (coz I'm a left-eye) on the canon. Weight is a big issue for me. I know that that 100g lightness will add up after a while. Also I find the menus on the Nikon a little hard to read.

Meysha, i think your posts prove the point that i make, "you must handle the camera"

buckenmeyer said:
speaking of the canon 350D.. I have a normal (not digital) Canon EOS 300V, I was wondering if I can use the lense from this camera on the 350D if I were to purchase it (so I would only have to purchase the body for now)?

Only certain ones, you cant use the EF-S range of digital only lenses, one of which comes with the 350D, the 18-55 is generally an EF-S lens...

actually they are not much different
if u like wild life , sports and u need long lenes, say 300 , 600, Canon does better on long lenes, and Nikon does better on macro, wide angles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back