PLEASE HELP!! what to use or how to make graffiti

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by HeY iTs ScOTtY, Aug 4, 2009.

1. HeY iTs ScOTtY

HeY iTs ScOTtY TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey every one I am doing a shoot this weekend where they want me to put their name on a brick wall in graffiti. Does anyone have any suggestions on a program to use to do this and how to do it? I am going to download the free trial of photoshop right now and see if I can come up with something. I haven't used photoshop since art class in high school so I don't really remember how to do things and I am not sure how much has changed - its been 8 years! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. eterrisinCYQX

eterrisinCYQX TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A spray can!

3. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have seen some free fonts to download that are a graffiti style. Thats pretty much all you would need.

Google how to download and install fonts. I'm not certain you can do this in the trial version though, as I'm unsure if the trial version is only a time one or if it actually limits your functionality as well.

4. HeY iTs ScOTtY

HeY iTs ScOTtY TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I actually downloaded gimp and some graffiti fronts and started playing around with some effects, filters, and tools and came pretty close to what I want. So a little more tweeking and it should look pretty good. Anyone with some good info though feel free to let me know. I am always looking for something better.

5. bdavis

bdavis TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Use gimp or photoshop or whatever and get a graffiti font. You can go to dafont.com and look around, they have some. You may find one you like.

Study pictures of actual graffiti and see how they combine lines, colors, etc.