PLEASE Help with Epson Printer!

feRRari4756

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay guys i know a lot of you ppl have epson printers and use macs, so i think this would be a good place to post.

I just got an epson r200 with no software. I found the driver for mac, but not the printer utility (where u check ink levels, clean heads, align heads...). the program is called Epson Printer Utility.

Can someone give mea link to tht eifle?

I already tried that before. BUT i just found out how to do it on a mac. i finally got it! thaks.

okay guys now that i foun out how to do that, i realized my head for my black ink cartridge is COMPLETLY clogged.

how do i fix this? i already ran several cleans through it...

EDIT: Now, I put several drops of windex on the head and the cleaning pads and let it sit for about an hour and is STILL COMPLETLY clogged.

What can i do?

How much ink do i waste by running the clean? (i ran it about 6-7 times)

Last edited:
you may consider trying some alcohol on the head, but you may just have to bite the bullet and get a new or refilled cartridge for it.

okay. i tried amonia on it AND even used a tooth brush and still absolutly NOTHING is coming out. and i did the head cleaning about 10 times now.

what should i do? the cartridge i am using is brand new

maybe the cartridge is bad or something?? or a setting that that cartridge is turned off?

I have the same printer I can burn you a copy and send it to you.................

What? Bigpoppa I already found out how to do that, thanks anyway.

"okay guys now that i foun out how to do that, i realized my head for my black ink cartridge is COMPLETLY clogged.

how do i fix this? i already ran several cleans through it...

EDIT: Now, I put several drops of windex on the head and the cleaning pads and let it sit for about an hour and is STILL COMPLETLY clogged.

What can i do?

How much ink do i waste by running the clean? (i ran it about 6-7 times)"

If the cartridge is new and the printer used, I suspect the cartridge isn't the issue.

My first guess is that the contacts between cartridge and printer are wonky.

How much does the EPU say is in the cartridge?

Does it even recognize the cartridge?

Are you positive it is correctly installed?

LWW

Epson printheads, if not used regularly, do block up. And most times no amount of cleaning will fix the problem. I tried many things. I removed the printhead and soaked it in distilled water for a few days and still no good, so I just replaced it with a 3 in 1 unit for peanuts. I always leave it on and if I dont use it, I print a test page every few days just to keep the ink from drying.

Daftt question but.. if it's brand new you DID remove any protective covering on the cartridge didn't you?

Haha, yes, these epson cartridges dont come with any protective covering.

And it is recognizing the cartridge. I USED UP 82 BUCKS IN INK TRKYING TO CLEAN THIS! lol

Haha, yes, these epson cartridges dont come with any protective covering.

And it is recognizing the cartridge. I USED UP 82 BUCKS IN INK TRKYING TO CLEAN THIS! lol

Could have getten yourself a brand new unit for less than that. Toss it.

Hi Iam new here. I agree, toss the printer, but truthfully i have never seen a printer cartridge without a piece of tape over the air hole. It is to keep air from entering the cartridge, before you are ready to use it. It generally is on top but if you use individual cartridges, it's on the bottom.:D

Most reactions

Back