please help

slam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Canon eos rebel xt or Nikon d50?

possibly cheap places to buy?

Hai Slam, Welcome to TPF. I would have very suggested D50 as I use it and am utterly satisfied. But Cannon is not a joke. Both of them does not make much difference in case of a newbie. But assess yourself as a photographer and then decide the brand as Cannon is more professional than D50. And much more you can upgrade your camera when ever you want but not all your lens gear. So take a wise decision basing on your requirement and budget.
My best suggestion is not to go to cheap site and buy used or refurbished DSLR's. Visit a standard store and order one. One such standard store is BH Photo video.
And another suggestion is decide on the lens "Whether you go for the kit lens or get some other combo offer".
Good Luck.

Slam, you need to be a little careful about pricing from on-line and mail order camera suppliers. Some of them are shady. Basically, you will find that camera prices are pretty standard everywhere. When you see a "bargain" you are usually seeing something missing. B&H as mentioned above is a large and reputable on-line camera supplier in New York. I use them myself. The one I use even more often is http://www.calumetphoto.com in the Chicago area. Personally, I think these two are the best in the business. I'll bet your local camera store has the same prices on both cameras as these two mail order companies. The mail order guys will be cheaper for things you buy for your camera but probably not for the camera itself.

Ritz camera still hasn't lowed the price on the xt

as for the xt I just got it recently and I love the camera it has many features and its just a good camera. I can not speak for nikon since I never used them. Go to a camera shop and hold them and see what feels better and more comfortable to use

I Third B&H as being good I ordered from them a few times

Most reactions

Back