please people, i need improvement!!!

paigegreen916

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
tgpphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just posted new images on my blog / site. I was just thinking how much i love the gallery (or "images" as i have on my site) options. so much better than a "list" of pictures, i think. but I'm also so used to this by now. what do you think? is it attractive to the eye? does loading take too long? any input would be valuable.

Front Page (can you easily access the images from here or is it confusing?)
Images (how is loading? are they clear? is it appealing?)

thank you very much to anyone who takes the time to look. i appreciate the input, and i hope to make the site a more appealing place. comments on the site are welcome as well. THANKS AGAIN!

Site loads very fast. individual pictures take a little longer, but want to warn you about one thing. I was able to right click on an image, select "copy" and then "paste" to an open photoshop document with excellent resolution. You may want to watermark your images or use a program that doesn't allow copying. BTW love the pix of all the groomsmen jumping. great composition!

copy prevention programs don't work - the photo still gets downloaded to your computer upon entering the site - it gets put in your internet folder in C drive and can be accessed.
You cannot ever prevent theft from the net of a photo = except by not showing the photo - watermarks that cover the whole photo ruin the photo to look at. Better if you are concerned is this:

1) save for web - use this in photoshop (or similar) and set the photo to around 100kb - that works for a 600 pixels on the longest side photo with little loss of quality - up the kb a bit for larger photos.

2) a small copywrite signature in a corner - yes it can be cut, but it is there telling people its copywrite in the first place.

As for the site I used to blog like that, but now I set-up a link to the photo and post a 200 pixels on the longest side version that people can click on to follow to a larger version - that way the pages load faster and people can choose to look at larger versions if they choose to

As for the site I used to blog like that, but now I set-up a link to the photo and post a 200 pixels on the longest side version that people can click on to follow to a larger version - that way the pages load faster and people can choose to look at larger versions if they choose to

Then I hit print screen, and voila. I have the larger version.

OP: There really is no way to prevent image theft. The sooner you quit driving yourself crazy over this, the better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back