Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night I got a phone call that my gramma was being taken to the hospital. My aunt and uncle had found her in the garage, on the floor...she'd fallen, and was covered in blood. This morning we found out that, besides the cuts and the black eye, she shattered both of her shoulder joints and has to have replacements. We don't know if she is going to be able to make it through the surgery or not.

I've gotten very close to my gramma, especially in the last several months, as I have been taking care of her a lot after she was recovering from being sick in May and June. I was so proud of her because she was finally getting back to being more independent again. The week before last she drove herself to the grocery store and to the post office for the first time since April or so....she had been afraid to try and drive again, before that, and I had been doing all of her grocery shopping. We've developed a very close bond...she would bring out old pictures from when she was a baby...from when my grampa used to travel the world....and we would go over each on, her telling me stories about each person, since there were many that had passed away before my time. Or, like last week, we'd sit in the living room, doing her favorite thing in the world....watching the Cubs. This past Monday they played an amazing game agaisnt the Cardinals, and my Uncle Mike, her oldest son, happened to be at the game. He called during a break to make sure she was watching, and she was so excited, she said she got chills when she could hear the deafening crowd in the background.

I've grown so close to her...I don't think I could handle losing her now. If you pray, please pray for her.

RelaxingSM.jpg

Oh Goodness! What a shock for your aunt and uncle to find her like that!

My prayers go out for a swift and full recovery :)

The poor dear! I hope she's resting as comfortably as possible under the circumstances. I'll keep her, you, and your family in my thoughts. :hugs:

Oh my! My thoughts and positive energy will go towards your gramma and you, Corry.:hug::

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Still do not know much of anything more, other than she will probably have surgery on Monday.

I offer the best of wishes for you and your gramma as I too am in a similar position with my grams, I have a strong idea of the feeling of concern you feel. She sounds like a woman with a good will to live so...

It's been an up and down day today....this morning my mom called me and told me that gramma was doing better today...they'd given her a few units of blood overnight, and she was feeling better, and had even eaten breakfast. Mom was able to talk to her on the phone (my aunt held the phone up to her ear for her)....but since then, she's started going back downhill, and her complexion is greyish. I guess they've called her doctor and are inquiring about if she needs more blood.

It seems so inadequate, but all I can offer is a :hug:: Please know that your Grandma and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Most reactions

Back