Please pray

Thanks, yet again, everyone.

I know a teeny bit more now....but still not much. I know whatever is going on has to do with her colon, and I know they have her on heavy antibiotics...hopefully I'll find out more when I get to the hospital in a bit.

I feel like I'm living in hospitals, as of late.

I thought I'd replied here yesterday, but I guess not.

What my mom has is diverticulitis of the colon. She's in a lot of pain, and still in the hospital....it is unknown when she will get out, or whether or not she will have to have surgery.

This is exactly what my grandpa was diagnosed with about a year before he died, and it's how they found his colon cancer.

The doctor has not seen her since yesterday morning, so that is all we know so far.

Soooo, is now the time to mention that I had to have polyps removed from my colon when I was 7 or so?

Sooo, let's recount....Grampa had diverticulitis of the colon and colon cancer. Mom has diverticulitis of the colon. As a child, I had something that greatly heightened my risk of eventually getting colon cancer.

Gotta say, I'm a bit scared for MYSELF now.

Corry..... I can relate, my sister and first cousin had surgery for diverticulitis and I just had a serious bout this past week. Took lots of antibiotics.....don't know when the next one will be, probably surgery for me also.

Hope the family is improving......

Paul

Yet again, thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

New update. My gramma is OUT of the hospital (earlier than I thought) and in the nursing home. She still has a long way to go, but this is good. :)

Mom...we almost thought she was going ot get to come home last night, but she ended up getting a lot worse....no idea what is going to happen or when she is going to get to come home.

I'm thrilled to hear your grandmother is out of the hospital, as that's a great sign indeed. Hope your mom is feeling better soon. What a lot of stress you have in your life right now! :hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back