Please rate my photos

They will probably move this thread to the critique forum, but until then...your pics don't do much for me. The colors, tones etc are way off. You have a good eye but need to work on the process a bit more. MHO

My favorite is either the small red flower or the one with the statue on the left of the frame. However, the flower one could be improved by not setting the subject dead center. Next time, focus and recompose so the flower is at a more photogenic spot (think, "rule of thirds"). Also, with the statue, I would have used a larger aperture so that all of the grass is blurred and zoomed out to capture the entire face.

Some of the other flower pics suffer overexposure and underexposure problems. But not to worry. This can be easily corrected by using different lighting and/or compensating manually with your camera. Alot of my pictures have the same fate. Just experiment with the lighting and exposure settings.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the advice! I'm very new to photography.

Karalee said:
They seem either too dark, or way too light IMO :-?

:D You beat me to it. Yeah man, like I said, you need to work on that lighting.

How about the rose ive just added...

Most of them are nicely crisp but I gotta agree about the exposure/lighting, they're either too dark or overexposed.
DOF is a little shallow in some too but then I always complain about that.

Lighting is the main issue. As for composition, they're good and ok. Goodluck and keep trying :)!

Most reactions

Back