Please, straight answer, I am ready :P

Oops, sorry then. I was $80 off.

Thanks again guys....I am going to look a few up this evening....and go from there.

Nothing specific...
People, pets, nature, abstract.......

If you want to get the pretty shots of people and pets with nice blurred background, I would get the 50mm f/1.8. I have the Canon XSi, and this is my favorite lens for taking photos of people. It is also very affordable. The lens that comes with your camera will be good for nature.

Thanks fergusoh, that is what I am planning on purchasing, at least for now :)

Hi again, sooo, I went to a few stores to 'try' the cameras in my hand etc. I reeeeeally like how the Canon XS feels and how the menu is set u maybe because I've owned 2 Canons before!!?
Anyway, going to purchase this evening $529

2 more questions. What size memory card would u say I should get?

Can I use the memory card from Canon Porwershot sd600 on Rebel XS?

I would say get 4GB cards - that will give you a lot of room for JPEG sized photos and a good number of RAW sized ones if/when you move to using RAW. 2GB you are rather strapped for space if you go RAW I find.

Hi again, sooo, I went to a few stores to 'try' the cameras in my hand etc. I reeeeeally like how the Canon XS feels and how the menu is set u maybe because I've owned 2 Canons before!!?
Anyway, going to purchase this evening $529

Just FYI

CANON EOS Rebel XS Digital Camera Black SLR Digital Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens & Canon 75-300mm f/ 4-5.6 III EF Lens

They have "CANON EOS Rebel XS Digital Camera Black SLR Digital Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens & Canon 75-300mm f/ 4-5.6 III EF Lens"
for $513.30 + free ground shipping.

And you may be able to get additional 2.5 - 3.5% cash back from Microsoft "http://cashback.live.com"

Got it: $499 @ Tiger Direct store + $20 for a 8gb mem. card.
I think from what I researched it was a decent deal :)

P.S.: I got the Canon Rebel XS btw.

Most reactions

Back