Please, suggest a monitor with reasonable price!

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Aus, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Aus

Aus TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hallo photographers and retouchers!

Do you have something to suggest as an alternative to 'Apple cinema display'?

Some weeks ago i was going to buy 20 inch one, but suddenly it is gone from market. The others (biggers) from Apple is not affordable to me at the moment.

Wonder what brand/model could go as quality alternative (or maybe even better).
    I believe there could be cheaper ones than the apple monitors with the same quality.

(BTW: i do not need a big one, 20-22 inch is very good for me. My budget at the moment ~500-600 euros)

Please give an advice what can i get with my limited budget for a retouch work!

Thank you very much! [​IMG]

Aus

2. RushNP774

RushNP774 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've been doing a bit of research on monitors myself because I'm going to build a new computer soon. And just so you know, you can get a LOT of monitor for 500-600 Euros. It's definitely not a "limited" budget for the most part. Here are a few of the monitors I'm looking at (most are 22"):

• [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017AR13G?ie=UTF8&tag=carlscorn-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0017AR13G"]Acer V223-WBD 22[/ame] - 22", cheap (~$170), and has received TONS of great reviews. If your budget is 500-600 Euros, you could get two and still have some money left over.
    • [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VE5VDK?ie=UTF8&tag=carlscorn-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001VE5VDK"]SCEPTRE X24WG-1080P[/ame] - 24", lots of great reviews, full 1080p resolution, and just a bit more expensive (~$250) than the Acer. A pair of these would still be in your price range.
    • [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RCTALK?ie=UTF8&tag=carlscorn-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001RCTALK"]NEC Display Solutions P221W-BK[/ame] - 22". At the top end of your price range, but comes with monitor calibration sensor and software. I have been using an 18" NEC LCD for the last 5 years and absolutely love it.
    I've pretty much narrowed it down to those three since I'm in the same position you are budget-wise. Hope that helps!

3. Aus

Aus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A tohusand thanks to you, RushNP774, for your response! :D

Somehow i missed to subscribe to my own thread and just now suddenly found your response.

Going to have a look to your suggestions and i will reply in a while.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. RushNP774

RushNP774 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sounds goo Aus! Hope you get a great monitor. If you do get one of those, please let me know how you like it.

5. Aus

Aus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ah, RushNP774, just tried to figure out - amazon.com not delivering to ireland :(

And i cant find any of those in local online shops :(((
    how annoying :(
    Will go to some electronic sale agencies to ask about those.
    I like the NEC, also in anyway i'll need to get a calibrator.
    This one would be perfect.... but not sure i can get it here.

I am considering some of those, at the moment... but not sure.

NEC - 19IN LCD EA191M 19 inch: around 300 euros

HP - LP2475w 24 24 inch: around 550 euros

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009