Please talk me out of this...

Should I hit the "proceed to checkout" button?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Change some things first...( add comment )

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For anyone that cares a local camera shop is going to match amazons $1096.99 price for a brand new d5300 with the 18-140 lens. So im picking that up in about an hour. Then I had amazon ship the 10-24 brand new for $659.

I should have sample picks up this week!

Ok, the camera is home and the battery is charging! This is going to be a long couple of hours waiting...

For anyone that cares a local camera shop is going to match amazons $1096.99 price for a brand new d5300 with the 18-140 lens. So im picking that up in about an hour. Then I had amazon ship the 10-24 brand new for $659.

I should have sample picks up this week!

For $1296 you could have picked up a D7100+ 18-140 at B@H Photo.............

Story about my Sigma 50mm 1.4 lens. I read so much bad about it on the internetz I was hesitant to purchase one over the "Nikon" 1.4

So I ordered both knowing one was going back. Look, that was a waste of time, For my purposes, the SIGMA BLEW IT AWAY
bigthumb.gif

My vote in the future is to buy the d*mn lenses and gear you need, chatter less on the internetz about it all
bigthumb.gif

Story about my Sigma 50mm 1.4 lens. I read so much bad about it on the internetz I was hesitant to purchase one over the "Nikon" 1.4 So I ordered both knowing one was going back. Look, that was a waste of time, For my purposes, the SIGMA BLEW IT AWAY My vote in the future is to buy the d*mn lenses and gear you need, chatter less on the internetz about it all

Lol! I went through two of them and they sucked to the point I just took the cash, kept my 50 1.8G and just bought an 85 prime to go with it. Been happy ever since.

The 85mm 1.8g is a excellent lens (in spite of the plastic body). I did a live test with the 85 1.8d & g and 1.4g all at the same time. I must say both the G lenses are visibly much sharper then the D. Between the 1.8g and 1.4g you could barely tell any difference visually on a 15th inch laptop. Between the 1.8 d & g the d has better light transmission value probably due to the 'larger' lens element and gives at least +0.5 stops more then the g.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back