Please, vote for my photo in nationwide contest!!

Hertz van Rental said:
President of what, exactly?

Who knows...any suggestions?

Maybe the United States...maybe the Canon company...or how bout President of TPF :lmao:

eromallagadnama said:
Who knows...any suggestions?

Maybe the United States...maybe the Canon company...or how bout President of TPF :lmao:
President of the US is possible but Canon are a lot fussier about who they put in charge.
As for TPF - I think there is a vacancy for a junior washroom attendant. You'll just have to work your way up :mrgreen:

Hertz van Rental said:
President of the US is possible but Canon are a lot fussier about who they put in charge.
As for TPF - I think there is a vacancy for a junior washroom attendant. You'll just have to work your way up :mrgreen:

:lol: I'll get whatever I can take...on second thought after just watching Deuce Bigalow the other day, I think I'll pass :lmao:

Hmmmm.... I am also new to the scene. First time to post (not a spammer)and have a digital cannon rebel.

Meysha said:
Well actually it is spam, because it's the only thing you've ever posted on the forum, and it's advertising for yourself.
It seems that this is a photo site to help people that love photography. And here's some fellow photographer that has a 1 in 9 chance of supporting his passion for photography and all you have to say is call him a spammer and self promoter?

Personally I think that's pretty sad and rather selfish. I am sure that if any of you were lucky enough to be in the same situation you would ask for help. Maybe instead of being rude someone could actually just ask ben to submit some more of his work.

Looks like you have plenty of time to be rude, why not be friendly (or is this a private forum?)

Ben, I would love to see some work if you would post it.

I don't think it would have been such a big deal if this wasn't his first post...I'm sure there are a lot of peopel that enter other contests that have been long time members of the forum and haven't asked for such favors. It's helps to establish yourself before just joining any forum on the internet and asking people to vote for you.

It's really hard for you to know what has happened, b/c all of the original posts have been edited to indicate what happened...which is called Spam. Had Ben had even 100 or so posts here and asked nicely and really showed interest in the forum, I assure you it would have went down differently :)

This is definitely not a private forum as you can see by the amount of members and different people that post...

I assure you I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just explaining to him why I considered what he did to be Spam.

My words must have become a little distorted having been typed and not spoken. Sorry bout that.

telicmind said:
Hmmmm.... I am also new to the scene. First time to post (not a spammer)and have a digital cannon rebel.

It seems that this is a photo site to help people that love photography. And here's some fellow photographer that has a 1 in 9 chance of supporting his passion for photography and all you have to say is call him a spammer and self promoter?

Personally I think that's pretty sad and rather selfish. I am sure that if any of you were lucky enough to be in the same situation you would ask for help. Maybe instead of being rude someone could actually just ask ben to submit some more of his work.

Looks like you have plenty of time to be rude, why not be friendly (or is this a private forum?)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooosh!

telicmind said:

Ben you sly dog, is that you?

steve817 said:

I am wondering the same - he came back with a new nick and pretends to be a friend vouching for himself?

And by the way, if someone comes first and speaks in capital letters only, and exclusively for himself, trying to win over people to do something for him, it is the DEFINITION of spamming...! More so, if others have seen him do the same on other fora at the same time, too.

steve817 said:

No its not Ben, but it doesn't really matter does it. Figure you will say and believe what you want.

Meysha, its nice to hear a change of tone. Sorry I get so upset about this but I hate to see people jump all over someone or something that just because its different. I like to read forums but normally don't contribute and I feel for other people that do the same. Doesn't mean I or others aren't just as interested; rather just different types of people that's all.

Unfortunately, Ben picked a bad time for his message as well. We saw a small (and relatively unusual) spike in spam recently that we have been dealing with, and his message came on the tail end of that. You also must understand that the general member here doesn't want to see a trend of people joining and posting just to promote themselves in a contest, they want to see people being involved with the site.

I believe we have a very friendly site here as a whole, and hopefully you'll agree.

telicmind said:
Sorry I get so upset about this but I hate to see people jump all over someone or something that just because its different.
You must get upset a lot, then, as it is part of human nature to jump on things that are 'different'.
For 'different' substitute 'non-conformist' or 'outside the norm'.
If memory serves it was for this very reason that the Founding Fathers left England.
People who decide to do things 'differently' have to be prepared for people not liking what they do.
And we should all remember that 'different' does not have to be a bad thing - but it doesn't automatically make it a good thing, either. A little thought on both sides before doing anything can save a whole heap of trouble.

Hertz van Rental said:
For 'different' substitute 'non-conformist' or 'outside the norm'.
If memory serves it was for this very reason that the Founding Fathers left England.

:lol: you know,.... I've heard that there was also another bunch of poms who decided to act a little differently.... but you see they fell under your next statement:
People who decide to do things 'differently' have to be prepared for people not liking what they do.

And Australia was formed..... :lmao:

Most reactions

Back