The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend who has been there before arranged a 7 day tour of Cuba with a Cuban photographer for the first week in February. Two or three of us and the Cuban photographer will spend 7 days in the smaller cities around the island.

Plus, in mid-December, will be going to NYC for a cople of days to shoot and to have lunch with my favorite pro photog.

200.gif

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your travels.

Wow, very cool trip that will be.

Sounds like a great trip Lew. I watched a video about extreme trains a while back (had India, U.S. and Cuba among others) and I thought the Cuba train video gave one of the better overviews of the island and some of the photographic opportunities outside of the heavily photographed Havana. I think the train goes to Santiago de Cuba, and probably all the way to Guantánamo Bay.

I have a friend that I travel with - this will be our 6th trip travelling together - and our arrangement is that, past discussions about destination and possible itinerary, one of us take responsibility for all the details of the arrangements for each specific trip. The trips have been less hassle than usual because we both have Sony systems and thus we both don't have to take the last battery and extra charger. [Additionally, he is as happy as I am to spend money to ensure a success so our previous trips went well.]

Cuba seems to be willing to have us, we have an invitation from the photographer.
We will spend only a day in Havana, if that.

If you have seen pictures from Cuba, there is a remarkable similarity of settings (tobacco workers, fields, ballet, modern dancer) and my guess is that the government has established specific venues to go and shoot for most of the tours done with foreign tour agencies. We hope to avoid that.

My friend took a workshop in Paris with a photographer who spends a good deal of time in Cuba and we'll be going to NYC to talk to him about shooting there.

Now, just to survive December.

Most reactions

Back