plustek 7200 film scanner

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by mysteryscribe, Jun 14, 2007.

1. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Okay I'm the worlds biggest skeptic. I was sure that the 7200 scanner would be crap or at lest the cheapest version wouldn't have the silverfast scanning software. Well I have to tell you I think I was wrong about them.

I messed around and found a place that would sell me the plustek 72oo dpi dedicated film scanner for 189 no shipping. I had already decided to stay with film so it was after much soul searching that I broke down and bought the scanner.

I have the plustek flat bed scanner that scans up to 5x7 negs. I am well satisfied with it, but I broke down and bought a very old minolta quik scan just to see if dedicated film scanning is better and it is. So then it was what to buy. For two hundred bucks i could have gotten another lower resolution used scanner but with a more respected name or the new plustek.

The scanner was a true pain to install but afterwards, it has worked just fine. With the silverfast software as a driver, it works well with my other programs as well. It is one of the better purchases I have made. I boxed up the old scsi minolta just in case I need it as a backup, but I really am pleased with the plustek.

I know they have two more expensive versions of the 7200 but this one seems to be just fine for anything I want to do. Now I have all the hardware in place to go back to work.

Anyway if you want a high resolution scanner for a lot less than five grand the plustek is worth the money in my opinion. I do wish it would do a roll by itself but hey I'm not going to be all that picky. You can load six negs in the carrier and just push them through one at a time. I don't have to remove it to repossition after every scan.

2. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    Congrats! Sometimes thing work out!

mike

3. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yes after all the bs it showed and after two hours of installing and uninstalling it finally started to work and man it is nice.

4. DRodgers

DRodgers TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This scanner only does negatives , does it give you a digital print on your computer ?