Plywood Texture

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got permission the other day to go into a greenhouse that's been closed for several years. Despite the broken doorknob where I was supposed to get in, I still found a way since I had permission. I shot a lot and only had time to process a few before leaving for a week of training.

These two are from some plywood that was laid out for a table of sorts.

As always, comments welcome.

IMG_7580a by breckmiller, on Flickr

IMG_7582a1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

I'm not seeing this on my monitor so don't take me seriously but... is it a bit oversaturated?

Very nice textures and detail. They do look more saturated than they probably looked in reality, but as someone once said "reality is overrated" (who was that?). I'd crop in a little closer, but that's probably just me.

Actually I gave them only a very slight bump in saturation on the RAW file. It is a really unique environment with a lot of humidity, a ton of sunlight but no direct sunlight, and these were used as table tops for plants, so who knows what kind of minerals and nutrients were absorbed while still in use. These are about as close to reality as a processed pic gets.

I might have gone mono with these. As others have made clear, the colors (over saturated or not) seem to be a distraction.

like these. texture and detail (as stated). I actually like the color too. warm and earthy.

Most reactions

Back