Pocket change dedicated flash . . .

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hehe after a lot of saving my leftover pocket change at the end of the day I now have "the nod" from my wife to buy a 550EX Speedlight :mrgreen: Turns out I can almost pay for the flash completely with my change only. I had almost $300 in the jar ;)

Something tells me the coins won't fit through my modem though :scratch:

550change.jpg

(only about $260 pictured above, lots of sorting/counting time :( )

Found one for $319. Should be here by the 1st of May :wink:

Just had to tell someone!

It's amazing how much change we can end up walking around with. They claim that millions is lost from people throwing their coppers away here. Who throws money away?!?!

yeah im totally going to copy that idea.

now i just need to get interested in photography again :confused:

Here in Canada, with coins that include $1 and $2, its not pocket change anymore, its a savings account. :lmao:

Great idea, the Wife puts a $2 coin(toonie) away a day, its an easy way to save for gas money, motels etc. for summer vacations.

:thumbup: Canon Fan

I'm a miser....but for the last 4 years I've dropped the pennies I have received at stores, in their parking lot or sidewalk. Some little kid finds it and thinks it's good luck, and I really have no use for pennies....in fact, I think we should get rid of them altogether, but that's another story. I figure I've dropped maybe 3-5 dollars over the past few years.

Of course, if a kid bent down to pick up a penny was subsequently squashed by a car...then I'm sure I'd have some bad karma coming.

I've been doing the same thing, but my jar isn't full enough to count yet really. I'm not saving for a flash though, but a lens rather :) Anyway congrats on your new toy!!!

Always a good idea, and ya, it sure does add up fast with our Canadian coins eh.

We have a coffee machine at work that takes care of all that stuff, and anything thats left, the wife and kids grab from me.

I did get hold of some stuff for next to nothing that I sold on ebay, that added up to a nice little 17-40L lens, and enough left over to go towards a 420ex flash, which I might go buy tomorrow. All together that would have cost me about £100 ($190) which ain't too bad. :D

Must go check the kids piggy banks........

I used to save up all my change. Even put a good downpayment on a 8 day cruise a couple of years back. Nowadays... my change all seems to go into the laundry machines at my house. :cry:

photogoddess said:
I used to save up all my change. Even put a good downpayment on a 8 day cruise a couple of years back. Nowadays... my change all seems to go into the laundry machines at my house. :cry:

You have coin laundry machines at your house :shock: j/k :lol:

Canon Fan said:
Hehe after a lot of saving my leftover pocket change at the end of the day I now have "the nod" from my wife to buy a 550EX Speedlight :mrgreen: Turns out I can almost pay for the flash completely with my change only. I had almost $300 in the jar ;)

Something tells me the coins won't fit through my modem though :scratch:

550change.jpg

(only about $260 pictured above, lots of sorting/counting time :( )

Found one for $319. Should be here by the 1st of May :wink:

Just had to tell someone!

can i ask how long it took you to save that much change?:drool: i could really go for $300 right about now...

ferny said:
Who throws money away?!?!

i'll tell ya who; i walked past a street musician sunday who was packing up after a day of collecting. as he counted his take for the day, he discarded all his pennies on the sidewalk. whats up with that? i thought these guys needed the money. i was always taught pennies add up!

congrats on the flash canonfan.

Most reactions

Back