Pocket Wizzard

Looks like it's just the one transceiver for the camera hot shoe. Do you really need ETTL/iTTL though? There are cheaper alternatives if you don't.

Looks like it's just the one transceiver for the camera hot shoe. Do you really need ETTL/iTTL though? There are cheaper alternatives if you don't.

I'm the assistant photographer to my campus. We have strobes in our gym and chapel. We have campus pocket wizzards that the main photographer uses.

I like how they work and looking at buying some. But I need two, as stated before.

I have a 50D Cannon

No, I think he was just saying he agreed with what I said. I honestly think that's just the transceiver. That's about the same price I've seen them go for at the local Lens & Shutter here.

And given the situation, fair enough. PocketWizards are the best choice if that's what you've already got across campus.

No, I think he was just saying he agreed with what I said. I honestly think that's just the transceiver. That's about the same price I've seen them go for at the local Lens & Shutter here.

And given the situation, fair enough. PocketWizards are the best choice if that's what you've already got across campus.
Yea, I don't like using the campus's equipment for my personal use. But during games and shoots it would be nice to use my own in conjunction with the schools. I think I linked to the Transceiver, which is a receiver and transmitter

No, there are not two...you will NEED two units at $279 each if you need the 32-channel capability...if you're willing to settle for four channels, you could buy two of these for a lot less money, at $169 each.

PocketWizard | Plus II Transceiver Radio Slave | 801-125 | B&H

Do you "really" need a 32-channel capable system?

There are other systems that cost even less. I use the older Pocket Wizards with the separate transmitter, and separate receiver; the newer models are combined sender/receivers.

If you are going to trigger the school's lights that already have PWs on them...then you would only need one. But if you wanted to have your own working set up, you would need one for the camera and one for the light, maybe more for each additional light but that depends.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back