PocketWizards & a 580?

bryanbuchanan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly which PocketWizard and what hardware is needed to talk to a 580EX? by "which" I mean the cheapest model :)

I have a 580 and I want a setup like this: http://www.bryanlbuchanan.com/up/tunnel_flash.jpg Only problem is I'm not 100% sure which PocketWizard it is. Also if anyone has a recommendation for a tripod similar to that (that's inexpensive!) could you let me know?

Thanks!

It's called a light stand, not at tripod.

Any pocker wisard will be able to trigger the flash, provided you get the received and a transmitter.

You will need an expensive cable though.

And you won't be able to do any of the ETTL stuff with canon.

Good luck

Thanks, do you have any suggestions for an inexpensive and somewhat sturdy stand? And would I be fine with a PW Plus set or do I need a pair of Plus II's?

Thanks, do you have any suggestions for an inexpensive and somewhat sturdy stand? And would I be fine with a PW Plus set or do I need a pair of Plus II's?
No clue. I don't do research anymore trying to save a few bucks. I just buy manfrotto and I know it's gonna last.

You're mounting 300+150 dollars of equipment on it. Spend extra 30 bucks for insurance.

Most reactions

Back