Poet gets arrested!

Discussion in 'The Creative Corner' started by minkster, Jul 12, 2008.

1. minkster

minkster TPF Noob!

My friend Chris Rockwell is a public performer who does a combination of poetry and rap. We were at Seaside Heights and he busted one of rhymes and a crowd started to form. Five cops came over and forced him to stop what he was doing and made him leave the boardwalk. The reason for taking him off the boardwalk was for being a "public nuisance"

The cops threatened to take away my camera, but thankfully I still have it. What a night that was. Believe me, there are a lot of other performers that do far worse things than this. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Easy_Target

Easy_Target TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I believe that disappeared when this country became a police state in 2001 with the enactment of the PATRIOT Act.

3. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What was bail set at?

4. minkster

minkster TPF Noob!

Actually let me clarify...the cops forced him off the boardwalk and started to ask him questions. They asked where he was from and since he was a local, they left him off with just a warning. However, he needs a permit now in order to rap on the boardwalk which he is looking into getting.

5. reg

reg TPF Noob!

Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
    Photos OK to edit
    Bit of a difference there...

And you need a permit in most places to perform in the street like that. It's not exactly like he's being quiet, there's a crowd, and if they told him to move along that's what he has to do.

The police did nothing wrong and unless the video didn't show something, they're not exactly beating him down or anything...